LegacyGT.com

Need to find RHD headlights for '07 USDM spec.B

I moved to the UK a little over a year ago and imported my '07 Legacy spec.B. It's been sitting in storage ever since arriving in the UK because I cannot get it registered until I do a few modifications, the biggest issue being the headlights need to be RHD and cannot have any amber.

For the headlight swap, can I use any RHD BL/BP Legacy/Liberty/Outback set from AUS/JP/GB? I think most international markets used Xenon instead of halogen, so will that be a problem if I find lights and ballasts that fit? Also open to ideas on where to find parts.

If I recall correctly, JDM Legacy's from 07 had the 08 USDM facelift.

I finally went to go visit my baby and she is in great company, making some European friends. Nestled in between a Lamborghini to the left, a Ferrari to the right, a Porsche above it, and a Bentley in front. I can't wait to drive again.

PXL_20230519_145027320.jpg

PXL_20230519_145014384.jpg

PXL_20230519_145109495_exported_1348_1684518217459.jpg

Edited by stewartg

Why not just open them up and clear the amber?  Its just a lens.  I have done it hundreds of times to 4th gen LGT lamps.  Nissan sells the butyl rubber in a roll if you need more for resealing (B6553-89965). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, m sprank said:

Why not just open them up and clear the amber?  Its just a lens.  I have done it hundreds of times to 4th gen LGT lamps.  Nissan sells the butyl rubber in a roll if you need more for resealing (B6553-89965). 

I was thinking of that before I moved here and bought headlight stickers that redirect the light flow. But unfortunately those stickers no longer pass MOT, so a full conversion would be necessary. Plus if I somehow messed them up cooking them or clearing the amber, then I would be trying to import a set of USDM headlights, which sounds worse than finding UK parts.

Its seriously easy to do, just don't set the temp so high that you have a problem. I swapped the cutoff on my JDM lams from RHD to LHD. YOu could always buy some JDM lights and install them as well. No flipping required.