LegacyGT.com

Car and Driver Summer Tire Tests

PGT

Some interesting results. They tested 11 tires in 225/45/17 at the Tire Rack facility with identical BMW 325's. The results:

1. Goodyear F1-GSD3

2. Continental ContiSportContact 2

3. Yokohama Advan Neova AD07

4. Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

5. Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212

6. Dunlop SP Sport Maxx

7. Pirelli P Zero Rosso Asimmetrico

8. Toyo T1R

9. Bridgestone RE050

10. BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD

11. Kumho MX

Weighting was given to dry performance, wet performance, cost and treadwear rating.

Full article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=10252&page_number=1

Discuss

P.S. I'm happy to see that my own research and experience was confirmed by people more astute....I chose the F1's over the Pilots and Toyo's.

I'm a subscriber to C&D so I've read the article - several times. Very interesting results. I've debated a/s tires ad nauseum, but have decided to put up with the RE92s until spring, when I'll probably spring for some F1s. Due to the numerous days of rain we have, I want maximum hydoplaning resistance and wet handling - better braking will just be a bonus. I'm very disappointed in the stock hydroplaning resistance.

Some interesting results. They tested 11 tires in 225/45/17 at the Tire Rack facility with identical BMW 325's. The results:

1. Goodyear F1-GSD3 154.00

2. Continental ContiSportContact 2 140.00

3. Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 231.00

4. Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 183.00

5. Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 106.00

6. Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 178.00

7. Pirelli P Zero Rosso Asimmetrico 167.00

8. Toyo T1R ??????

9. Bridgestone RE050 ??????

10. BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD 125.00

11. Kumho MX ??????

Weighting was given to dry performance, wet performance, cost and treadwear rating.

Full article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=10252&page_number=1

Discuss

P.S. I'm happy to see that my own research and experience was confirmed by people more astute....I chose the F1's over the Pilots and Toyo's.

Prices form tires.com in the said size.....I'm bored and cold case isn't that great. :icon_frow

That's the tire I'm probably going to get in the Spring. They pretty much clean up in every recent high performance summer tire test I've seen (C&D, EVO magazine in UK, Consumer's Reports, Tire Rack survey rankings). Supposed to be on the more comfortable end of the spectrum (i.e. softer sidewalls) for UHP summer tires.

It's also interesting that the Continentals also consistently rank high (e.g. #2 in EVO, #3 in CR), but get only mediocre reviews on TireRack.com. I had them on my RSX and thought they were great, although a little noisy after a while.

GSD3_Evo.thumb.jpg.c3afd6957551f7a3565daab0277e425a.jpg

The F1's are very comfortable....just run a bit more tire pressure since they have a softer sidewall than the Bridgestone S0-3's or comparable tire.

I'm looking at the F1 in a 225/45-17. Tirerack has them in regular and XL load rating.

Do you think the XL load rated one would have a stiffer sidewall and better feel?

Has anyone try driving in the snow with the F1's? I know Goodyear rank the F1 really poor for snow. I'm just curious since I only wander into the snow maybe a few times a year.

I made the mistake of using my F1's in snow once last year. They are downright DANGEROUS in the snow. Get them off immediately if you expect snow. Otherwise, they are spectacular performance tires and will have them back on my LGT this Spring (during the winter, I am using Blizzak LM-25's).

wow, even the mods don't search anymore.

:)

ehh, bite me :icon_tong

I seriously read almost every new thread on this board so when I come across something and decide to post it, I don't remember to search first. pwn3d :icon_bigg

Archived