LegacyGT.com

Central-locking from key, no hazards flashing - SOLVED

Question about central-locking.

Ive had an 1999 Wagon GT-B and when doors were opened with keyfob, it would chirp and flash the hazard/turning lights.

Also holding the buttons in the keyfob would open or close the drivers window.

Its chassis got in very bad shape, so i decided to buy a new chassis around the engine (so-to-say) and found an another Wagon GTB but it was a year older, 1998. Still a 3rd gen though.

And now to the problem. 
When locking doors with keyfob, only chirp will appear. No lights and also the window opening/closing isnt working either.

Hazard light button works, turn signals work. I have tried another remote control module, no luck. Also tried with the -99 old door wires (which had power w ecu assy in those, which -98 didnt have) but no luck.

Is that programmable somehow, or didnt the first 3gens have hazards flashing when closing doors with remote? Its really not a big problem, but would make it easier to detect in noisier enviroments.

SOLVED - There were a aftermarket relay installed in my old legacy, which made hazards flash when opening / closing doors and also there was a wire for drivers door wiring, so i think that its also connected for the key-fob window controlling.

IMG_8715.jpeg

Edited by finnfox

This is the first I've heard of a, potentially, factory alarm system having a remote window roll down function.  It sounds like your other car may be in valet mode?  the instructions for turning that on/off are around here somewhere...

I also think that it is installed afterwards (window function). Just would be nice to know how its wired.

Tried all the valet mode instructions which i have found, but no luck. Need to trace further..

Hmm...

I dont think that my car has a valet mode, because it doesnt have alarm system. The chirp sound is pleasant, not the horn type. Both cars are imported from japan.

I also saw this on the -99 drivers door, which the -98 doesnt have. 

IMG_8756.jpeg

• finnfox changed the title to Central-locking from key, no hazards flashing - SOLVED