LegacyGT.com

SOLD - Location (NH/MA) - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT wagon (modified)

Imprezzive2.5

Year: 2005
Make: Subaru
Model: Legacy GT Wagon (non-limited)
Color: Obsidian Black Pearl
Interior: Black cloth
Miles: 176,770
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Title: Clean
Lien: None

VIN: 4S3BP686456318790

Asking Price: $7,500

2005 Subaru Legacy GT wagon for sale. Selling because I work remotely now and don't drive it enough to justify the hassle of storing it. Looking for $7,500 OBO.

Chassis: 2005 Legacy GT wagon (originally a 5mt car), non-limited trim, black paint with black cloth interior. Currently at 177,000 miles and may go up slightly. Clean title, one previous minor accident I know of

Engine: IAG stage 3 EJ257 short block (closed deck, forged pistons and rods) with refreshed OEM D25 heads. Long block was assembled at Wicked Matt in Rhode Island for a different car/owner in 2018, it currently has ~25k miles on it. ~3k miles on most other mods, including FP Green turbo and full supporting mods. Pro tuned by Matt Miner at 405whp/355wtq on 93. Engine tested healthy in December 2021, all cylinders were between 125-130psi and all under 5% leakdown

Driveline: 04 STI 6mt (with OEM GR STI shift linkage), Spec B driveshaft, lower mileage JDM STI R180 rear differential, new Spec B rear axles. New ACT XTSS clutch with resurfaced OEM STI flywheel

Exhaust: catted CNT downpipe, 3" Nameless resonated catback with factory mufflers. Pretty quiet when cruising and looks OEM

Cons:
- Has rust on driver's rear quarter, under the doors, and on the undercarriage. Paint is faded
- Steering rack has a slow leak
- Front struts are leaking

Feel free to PM for more details or with any questions. No test drives without cash in hand. Sold as-is/as-seen, no warranty etc. Can bring to a local shop for a PPI if requested. Thanks for looking!

IMG_5391.JPG

IMG_5392.JPG

IMG_5393.JPG

IMG_5394.JPG

IMG_5395.JPG

IMG_5396.JPG

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5390.JPG

IMG_5403.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

IMG_5413.JPG

IMG_5415.JPG

IMG_5418.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

dyno.png

Edited by Imprezzive2.5
Sold
  • Like 2

Can vouch for Matt's work, well known tuner with years of experience. GLWS!

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe its just me, but if the body was in better shape (bumpers) and the shifter boot was there. It might get more interest...

Nice power for a mustang dyno,  must be fun to drive.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It's definitely seen better days cosmetically- I bought it in 2015 with the scuffed bumpers and faded paint, but could never justify a full repaint without going over the whole chassis to remove all of the rust, it just didn't seem worth it to me for a car of this age and with this mileage.

Initially I wanted to find a Spec B 6mt shift boot/surround and OEM knob for the OEM+ look. Removing the non-fitting 5mt boot was supposed to be a temporary fix, but a company like Redline could probably make a custom boot to work with the 6mt reverse lockout in the 5mt shifter surround if a future owner wanted.

This setup is a lot of fun and reminiscent of an old-school turbo car, calm and collected around town but will really put you back in your seat around 4000RPM. I'm certainly going to miss it

2 hours ago, AGHolman said:

I'm interested in the drivetrain if you decide to part out. Maybe the turbo and supporting mods too. 

Hoping to either have the car sold or begin parting it out sometime in July. If it comes to parting it out, I'll reach out around then

• 2 weeks later...

GLWS!!! 

Similar cars (5MT, but less rust) in the mid-atlantic are selling for <1/2 current asking price.  Just saying.  Car is probably fun to drive, but numbers are inflated.  I see shenanigans in the dyno set up.  Probably bumped the numbers 50whp. 

Its all about finding the right buyer.  Some cars go for far more than I think they are worth. 

• Imprezzive2.5 changed the title to SOLD - Location (NH/MA) - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT wagon (modified)