LegacyGT.com

Window switches

Has anyone ever tried retrofitting the window switches from an Outback Touring into a Legacy 3.6R (or limited 2.5i)? I am referring to the switches that have the shiny piano black trim, specifically. I found them for sale online, I just wanted to see if anyone has done this yet and if they are plug and play or not before I spend the money. 
After looking on the Subaru Parts Warehouse site, I found (what I believe) to be the part numbers if that helps!

LF: 94263AL81A
LR: 94263AL80A
RL: 94263AL710
RR: 94263AL700

Thanks all for your insights! 

They probably plug and play but I can not confirm.  What I want is the 2018 interior door handle that unlocks when you pull the handle... My girlfriend gets unreasonably mad at my 2017 when she wants out and it's locked. 😂

2 minutes ago, silverton said:

They probably plug and play but I can not confirm.  What I want is the 2018 interior door handle that unlocks when you pull the handle... My girlfriend gets unreasonably mad at my 2017 when she wants out and it's locked. 😂

I honestly had no idea that my car (an '18 3.6R) did that! They just lock and unlock when the shifter is moved to and from park. Thats good to know! 
I'll have to do some more digging on the window switches, I feel like the piano black trim really classes up the interior rather than the matte black that comes standard. 

Edited by Mruby87

I too prefer the interior of the 2018. It definitely feels more 'up to date' than my 2017. That's another thing I would have liked is the automatic locking/unlocking that starts in '18.

I hate the silly little things they do year after year to get people to buy the new one.

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2023 at 2:36 PM, silverton said:

I too prefer the interior of the 2018. It definitely feels more 'up to date' than my 2017. That's another thing I would have liked is the automatic locking/unlocking that starts in '18.

I hate the silly little things they do year after year to get people to buy the new one.

Only thing I want from the Outback is the Brown seating from a 18 Touring.