LegacyGT.com

22 xt looking for jdm grill?

On 4/29/2023 at 2:03 PM, JohnsLegacyXT said:

22 legacy limited xt. looking for a jdm grill. think im gonna buy sti lip for the car.. and grill.. then should be set.

The 2020+ Legacy isn't sold in Japan, so I don't know that you'll find any JDM parts for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

One of my old buddies lives in Tokio, I asked him. If you're looking to upgrade your 22 Legacy Limited XT with some JDM goodies, you can try checking out some online stores like JapanParts, JDM Racing Motors, or RHDJapan. They specialize in JDM car parts and accessories, and they might have the grill and STI lip you're looking for. Make sure to double-check the fitment and compatibility with your ride before buying though

2 hours ago, MitchRoyce said:

One of my old buddies lives in Tokio, I asked him. If you're looking to upgrade your 22 Legacy Limited XT with some JDM goodies, you can try checking out some online stores like JapanParts, JDM Racing Motors, or RHDJapan. They specialize in JDM car parts and accessories, and they might have the grill and STI lip you're looking for. Make sure to double-check the fitment and compatibility with your ride before buying though

What LBSypher said... There is no JDM 2020+ Legacy anymore.  The JDM Outback still exists, maybe there are some items that could work with our Legacies.  

• Confused 1

Ok welll just 

3 hours ago, laufu said:

What LBSypher said... There is no JDM 2020+ Legacy anymore.  The JDM Outback still exists, maybe there are some items that could work with our Legacies.  

Just aftermarket grills in general I can't even findnone

17 hours ago, JohnsLegacyXT said:

Ok welll just 

Just aftermarket grills in general I can't even findnone

Yea, I've never found any either. I had hoped the Outback grills might work, but I confirmed at the dealership that it won't. 

'21 Limited XT

On 5/2/2023 at 10:35 AM, LBSypher said:

Yea, I've never found any either. I had hoped the Outback grills might work, but I confirmed at the dealership that it won't. 

Yeah.. stinks. What do you have on your legacy? And what year is it.. just wondering since I can't find anybody else that has any work done to there's but me lol.. maybe we can swap links for parts idk.

2 hours ago, JohnsLegacyXT said:

Yeah.. stinks. What do you have on your legacy? And what year is it.. just wondering since I can't find anybody else that has any work done to there's but me lol.. maybe we can swap links for parts idk.

I have the lip I told you about, the Nameless upper strut tie bar, Redline Tuning hood struts, the STi Group N pitch stop, the Perrin Steering Damner Lockdown, and I've replaced the front and rear swaybar bushings and transmission mount insert with stiffer ones.

Subaru Steering Dampener Lockdown | PERRIN Performance

New Design Strut Tower Brace! For 2020+ Subaru Outback XT Shop Nameless Performance

Subaru STI Group N Pitch Stop Mount 2002-2021 WRX / STI / LGT/ FXT - Subimods.com

20220830_161428.jpg

Redline Tuning Struts.jpg

• Like 1

'21 Limited XT

29 minutes ago, LBSypher said:

I have the lip I told you about, the Nameless upper strut tie bar, Redline Tuning hood struts, the STi Group N pitch stop, the Perrin Steering Damner Lockdown, and I've replaced the front and rear swaybar bushings and transmission mount insert with stiffer ones.

Subaru Steering Dampener Lockdown | PERRIN Performance

New Design Strut Tower Brace! For 2020+ Subaru Outback XT Shop Nameless Performance

Subaru STI Group N Pitch Stop Mount 2002-2021 WRX / STI / LGT/ FXT - Subimods.com

20220830_161428.jpg

Redline Tuning Struts.jpg

Looks great man.. how was adding the dampner, strut brace, bushings? What made the best difference if any

1 minute ago, JohnsLegacyXT said:

Looks great man.. how was adding the dampner, strut brace, bushings? What made the best difference if any

The dampner was a bit difficult on my own, but should be fairly easy with a second set of hands to help. The strut brace was easy for me, but some folks have said they had trouble and needed a helper to get it on. I do feel it tightened up the steering along with the dampner. The bushings were all fairly easy and probably made the most difference in stiffening up the ride, but they do make noise when the ambient temperature drops below 60 degrees fahrenheit. 

• Like 1

'21 Limited XT

Thank you for posting the links and your experience with the mods. Could you please post a link to the bushings you installed - and any thoughts on upgrading the sway itself (I 've read somewhere that the outback sway is compatible with the Legacy d it is larger /stiffer)

7 hours ago, dohturdima said:

Thank you for posting the links and your experience with the mods. Could you please post a link to the bushings you installed - and any thoughts on upgrading the sway itself (I 've read somewhere that the outback sway is compatible with the Legacy d it is larger /stiffer)

So far, I haven't found any aftermarket sway bars for our cars. According to Whiteline, the one they have made for the Outbacks will not fit the Legacy. I'm not positive, but I think someone tried an Outback sway bar on a Legacy and it didn't fit. 

I got all the information on the bushings from this thread on the Outback Forum (LOTS of good information in this thread and on the Forum in general):
Gen 6 - Gen 6 2020+ Stock Height Suspension Mods for better on-road handling | Subaru Outback Forums

• Like 1

'21 Limited XT

On 5/1/2023 at 2:02 PM, laufu said:

Now that's odd. Maybe he just didn't understand what I was asking. Well, damn.

Edited by MitchRoyce

On 5/4/2023 at 11:09 AM, MitchRoyce said:

Now that's odd. Maybe he just didn't understand what I was asking. Well, damn.

Yes and no... I just looked and Subaru Japan still calls the wagon, Legacy Outback instead of just Outback like in the US.  So maybe your friend assumed you were referring to the Legacy Outback (aka Outback).