LegacyGT.com

22 legacy XT aftermarket parts list

On 4/29/2023 at 10:40 AM, JohnsLegacyXT said:

I'm looking for any parts that fit the legacy 22.. anything that you guys can suggest let's start an aftermarket list. Lips, grilles, exhausts, what ever you got.

As you may have already noticed, there isn't a lot out there in terms of aftermarket parts for these cars. I had a friend build a custom muffler delete axle-back for me as Nameless hadn't come out with their system at that point. I haven't found any alternate grills for our cars, but I did find that some after-market lips for the last WRX-STI fit our cars. The one I got "KUAFU For 2015-2020 21 Subaru WRX STI OE Style Front Bumper Lip Chin Spoiler 4DR" isn't listed on ebay anymore, but this one looks to be the same thing: For 2015-2021 Subaru WRX STi CS-Style Matt Black Front Bumper Body Spoiler Lip | eBay

There's also the lip that Variant Aero makes: 2020+ Subaru Legacy Front Splitter – VariantAero

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

If you're looking to pimp out your 22 Legacy XT, I got you covered. First things first, check out the STI lip and JDM grill, those will give you some serious street cred. As for exhausts, I've heard good things about the Invidia Q300 and Nameless axleback. And if you wanna go all out, you gotta get some coilovers to drop that ride height. Check out the BC Racing BR series or the Fortune Auto 500s. Hit up Subispeed or RallySportDirect for all your aftermarket needs, they got a great selection.

1 hour ago, LBSypher said:

As you may have already noticed, there isn't a lot out there in terms of aftermarket parts for these cars. I had a friend build a custom muffler delete axle-back for me as Nameless hadn't come out with their system at that point. I haven't found any alternate grills for our cars, but I did find that some after-market lips for the last WRX-STI fit our cars. The one I got "KUAFU For 2015-2020 21 Subaru WRX STI OE Style Front Bumper Lip Chin Spoiler 4DR" isn't listed on ebay anymore, but this one looks to be the same thing: For 2015-2021 Subaru WRX STi CS-Style Matt Black Front Bumper Body Spoiler Lip | eBay

There's also the lip that Variant Aero makes: 2020+ Subaru Legacy Front Splitter – VariantAero

Thanks man much appreciated. I'm gonna grab that lip. The variant one is priced too high for me.

27 minutes ago, MitchRoyce said:

If you're looking to pimp out your 22 Legacy XT, I got you covered. First things first, check out the STI lip and JDM grill, those will give you some serious street cred. As for exhausts, I've heard good things about the Invidia Q300 and Nameless axleback. And if you wanna go all out, you gotta get some coilovers to drop that ride height. Check out the BC Racing BR series or the Fortune Auto 500s. Hit up Subispeed or RallySportDirect for all your aftermarket needs, they got a great selection.

Hey man i appreciate the info. Can you link the grill? I can't find one anywhere. I'm grabbing the lip right now. Also can you link the coil overs.

2 hours ago, MitchRoyce said:

2 hours ago, JohnsLegacyXT said:

Hey man i appreciate the info. Can you link the grill? I can't find one anywhere. I'm grabbing the lip right now. Also can you link the coil overs.

I think he may be referring to previous-generation Legacy models. As I said, the current Legacy generation is not sold in Japan, so there are no JDM parts for it.

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 7:30 PM, 0SuperDuper0 said:

Anyone done the Perrin charge pipe install to their xt and any difference?

Just keep the car stock.  Really no point.  Once it comes off warranty then do as you please.  This is a sub 300 HP family sedan.  Not to be an asshat or anything.  If you want to do mods stick to wheels and maybe some suspension bits etc..  the charge pipe is better for certain cars due to the OEM ones cracking.  We have not seen this in the 7th gen Leggy yet.  This is a big time and common mod on the Bmw 2, 3, and 4 series cars with the 3 liter twin turbo.  In fact when I had my N55 335 this is the first thing I changed out.  Needless to say I have moved on to cars with a lot more power for fun.

But once again not being an asshat just the mod is not right for this car. But to each their own.

If you do do the install provide pics of you would.

On 9/22/2023 at 10:42 PM, MoleMan said:

Just keep the car stock.  Really no point.  Once it comes off warranty then do as you please.  This is a sub 300 HP family sedan.  Not to be an asshat or anything.  If you want to do mods stick to wheels and maybe some suspension bits etc..  the charge pipe is better for certain cars due to the OEM ones cracking.  We have not seen this in the 7th gen Leggy yet.  This is a big time and common mod on the Bmw 2, 3, and 4 series cars with the 3 liter twin turbo.  In fact when I had my N55 335 this is the first thing I changed out.  Needless to say I have moved on to cars with a lot more power for fun.

But once again not being an asshat just the mod is not right for this car. But to each their own.

If you do do the install provide pics of you would.

Gotcha. Didn't buy it yet but just wondering who done it and results. But your good. lol

so I just got done talking to whiteline for a rear sway bar and they don't have anything yet. there isn't enough demand they said. so we need everyone in the forum to blow up there email with request. they did it in the outback forum and succeeded. 

Edited by blusubado

On 9/27/2023 at 7:56 PM, blusubado said:

so I just got done talking to whiteline for a rear sway bar and they don't have anything yet. there isn't enough demand they said. so we need everyone in the forum to blow up there email with request. they did it in the outback forum and succeeded. 

And they will never have one for the 7th gen Leggy.  Whiteline has gone the way of Cobb and Perrin. Really only interested in Turbo Hot Hatches.  You could call Yoshi at Cusco and see what they have. I doubt Cusco will have much besides a possible strut tower brace. You could call Hotchkis and see as well but that's a longshot.  

If Whiteline makes a rear bar for the 7th gen Outback I can almost bet money that it will fit on the Leggy.  It's the same platform.  I had doubts with that theory until I bought my G37 and found out most parts and aftermarket parts from the 370Z will fit without issues.

Edited by MoleMan
Edit on spelling

9 hours ago, LBSypher said:

In the Outback forum, Whiteline is quoted as saying that the rear sway bay will not fit the Legacy, but it would be worth a try, just in case.

I bet the bar will fit.  Since both cars are on the "world" platform the chassis should be the same.  It's not like trying to go from a Gen 4 to a gen 5 fitment.  Many Nissan aftermarket parts say it won't fit this year or that year yet the fitment is perfect.

As far as Whiteline aka"Red Rover" I find a lot of their bars fairly subpar compared to Cusco, Hotchkis, or even Perrin parts to a degree.  Not saying they don't work and are not good as I have Whiteline parts on many of my cars.  I just prefer the feel and look of other products.

As you said it's worth a try.  I would buy local if possible. Those bars are about 20 lbs and shipping is awkward.

Edited by MoleMan

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2023 at 6:56 PM, blusubado said:

I just sent an email to whiteline as well requesting it…

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was sort of hoping that rear swaybars from other cars would fit the Legacy in the same way as they could for the 5th gen - bummer.  I haven't driven it much, but my 24 feels pretty solid without the sway like the 12 did, so maybe it's not necessary...  I suppose I'll see what I think after I get some miles on it.  (Japan doesn't have the Legacy, but do have the outback - looks like it has a different eyesight system with 3 cameras, which is interesting - interior looks pretty similar - not sure if they have the FA24T engine available or not)

14 hours ago, DrD123 said:

I was sort of hoping that rear swaybars from other cars would fit the Legacy in the same way as they could for the 5th gen - bummer.  I haven't driven it much, but my 24 feels pretty solid without the sway like the 12 did, so maybe it's not necessary...  I suppose I'll see what I think after I get some miles on it.  (Japan doesn't have the Legacy, but do have the outback - looks like it has a different eyesight system with 3 cameras, which is interesting - interior looks pretty similar - not sure if they have the FA24T engine available or not)

Regarding the 3-camera eyesight system, it is available in the US, just on the higher trim cars. I know Ascent, Outback/Legacy and the new Forester Touring trims have this system. 

"On every Subaru you’ll find a set of dual color cameras placed unobtrusively near the rearview mirror constantly scanning the road for unanticipated dangers. And for an even wider field of vision, select models feature a third camera for better pedestrian and cyclist detection. "

EyeSight Driver Assist Technology | Subaru

Edited by laufu
URL and grammar