LegacyGT.com

Si-Drive Tuned by STi?

Hey everyone,

While I was cruising around on the STi  website, I discovered that the 2007 Legacy tuned by STi had a special tune for the 5eat TCU. Has anyone else seen this? I have learned to live with the 5eat for now, but if there is a TCU file out there that changes the shift points for performance that would be great. I’m guessing it was a JDM and AUS market only automatic version? 

Here is a link to the page: 

https://www.sti.jp/en/completecar/heritage/cardetail/2007/legacy/

6156E1B6-E6DA-4921-B57D-053F5A13625B.jpeg

It’s not going to be out there to just download and re-flash. STi guards their info very closely. More than likely this would have been limited to the Aus and JDM markets. I’d start with a transgo shift kit and/or upgraded valve body before you go messing with the TCU…just my $0.02. Someone else may chime in and give better info. ClimberD (Hexmods) had a walk through for upgrading the valve body. Or maybe try a local tuning shop to see if they can tune the TCU for you…but don’t know if that’s smart without upgrading tranny first? Dunno. I’d love to do that to mine so when I shift in sport mode it truly is sport mode. Also gives me more reason to install my paddle shifters….

Maybe sourcing a TCU would work. Yes, the TransGo shift kit is going to happen but from what I have read it only increases line pressure which does make the shifts a bit more solid. 

The saddest thing about the 5eat is that the shift points are set for fuel economy not performance even when in Sport or Sport# mode. Kinda lame. 
I have figured out the timing for shifts with using manual mode by shifting just prior to when I want the next gear. But that’s not a fix for it shifting on its own in the middle of the power band automatically when in manual mode. 

I think I am talking myself into the manual trans more and more. 

• Like 1