LegacyGT.com

Lots of info in this thread for ya.

I believe the exhaust cam needs to be advanced one tooth to work well without the avcs control being active.

Wouldn’t have thought it would cause such bad misfiring, but it’s a place to start.

Did you tap the oil ports on the intake cam ends and plug them?  Did you install the usdm non-avcs pulley on the exhaust cams?  Are you using the USDM injectors or the smaller JDM injectors?

You did not mention a full ecm and wire harness swap to jdm.  So you are not going to get dual avcs.  You need to mechanically deactivate the exhaust avcs and keep the forward cam journals oiled.  You need the usdm injectors. 

There are several ways to perform the swap.  Each has his own opinion on what is "right".

26 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Did you tap the oil ports on the intake cam ends and plug them?  Did you install the usdm non-avcs pulley on the exhaust cams?  Are you using the USDM injectors or the smaller JDM injectors?

You did not mention a full ecm and wire harness swap to jdm.  So you are not going to get dual avcs.  You need to mechanically deactivate the exhaust avcs and keep the forward cam journals oiled.  You need the usdm injectors. 

There are several ways to perform the swap.  Each has his own opinion on what is "right".

yes tapped the ports usdm harness and injectors kept the twinscroll 

but did not retard the timing planned on having my tuner do that 

2 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Should not be misfiring.  Check coils and plugs first. 

thats what im saying 

its all of them besides cylinder 3 but the car also drives fine it hasn't loss power but it does idle funky 

my mechanic did say he checkef the plugs but i dont know if he checked them all 

and when thr motor was shipped it was actually missing a 1 coilpack 

so maybe before me it was needing changed idk im going to change plugs and boots and run a compression test as well 

i gave it a thought to if it was the ecu miss reading 

15 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Its a swap, it could e a few things.  Basics first.  Air, fuel, spark, compression, timing. 

my tuner was trying to tell me timing shouldn't have nothing to do with it and i kinda laughed i think hes wrong or maybe i am 

and i completely forgot about this at first car threw 15 codes all coming from the maf sensor and throttle position sensor and intake temperature sensor so i unplugged my maf plugged it back in and then all those codes were gone and all i had was those 4 codes about misfire 

could it also be ecu being stupid??

Edited by garrettwilliams

5 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Delete the codes.  Most code checkers will reset the ecm when they clear all codes.  Some will have a function.  If you have a tactrix cable or an AP you can use that too.

i have a code reader thats able to delete them i deleted them and just going to wait and see if it happens again