LegacyGT.com

Installed Perrin ELH, should I heat shield this line?

This line looks a bit too close to the headers. Should I heat shield it? 

Should I heat shield anyplace else after header install? 

I used a DEI clamp on shield for the Downpipe where it gets closer to the CV boot already.
Like this one: https://www.motosport.com/dei-titanium-series-flexible-heat-shield

CD49F721-DDAE-4C52-A29E-0FBA1C520EEE.jpeg

Edited by VespaGTS

• VespaGTS changed the title to Installed Perrin ELH, should I heat shield this line?

Your set up is probably a bit different compared to my Killer B header but for me the proximity to the backside of the fan enclosure, (plastic) was getting roasted and starting to deform and melt.  I've got the 12" long DEI piece in place to keep it away from the closest parts of the fan.  Maybe not an issue on the street car but on track it was a problem. Not pictured here but also put DEI heat sleeve on the first 4" of the 02 sensor starting right at the sensor and going up into blue wire.  Too close for comfort and I don't want to toast the O2 prematurely.  Heat sleeved that black hose that you see running above the header as well, (pictured in the first pic but not in the last).  Also might want to gold tape your middle timing cover on the lower third.  Mine was getting discolored and thermally hammered from all the heat loading now that there are no OEM shields to protect that area. 

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Edited by shralp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. Yeah, having a coolant line less than an inch from a hot header is not best practice is it. 😂 

Good thing so have some leftover DEI film and some sleeves for the O2 sensor etc. I’ll order that heat shield and get it installed.