LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on a few mods for my '10 2.5?

Ok, so maybe not the best place to ask this, but I'd like some feedback on potential mods for my '10 (with the CVT unfortunately). It's still my daily and I'm trying to just personalize it a little without spending a ton of money or doing anything substantial. I plan on not doing a ton of exterior stuff to avoid becoming a ricer, but I don't really know what does and doesn't constitute a ricer at this point.

Potential:

• Orsini logo overlays (or replacement emblems if someone makes them for the 5th gen)
  • Rallyarmor mudflaps, either model-specific or universal
  • Megan Racing or Whiteline rear sway bar
  • Nameless axleback exhaust with 5' muffler

Already done:

• Blacked out rear badging (but not star cluster) with Plastidip
  • Grimmspeed front license plate relocate

Again, feedback appreciated! Let me know what is and isn't reasonable and/or a good idea. I don't want to look like a ricer, go broke, or both.

IMG_7062.jpeg

The Nameless axleback is a great idea. I should have done it sooner. The Rally Armor's are great, just be careful backing up to a parking stop. I ripped mine off twice doing that on the 2010 Outback. For the rear swaybar you might look at a factory STI setup (20mm Rear Sway Bar (20451VA000)). They are relatively cheap compared to others and bolt right on. 

As far as the overlays, I know people love them, but not my cup of tea. The LGT ones are kinda cool though.

One thing to consider is it also depends on how you drive it.  

Rear sways for me were a big improvement when tossing it around.  No difference otherwise.  So if you dont drive it that way, no need really.

I like the exhaust, you can appreciate it everytime you drive it.

Rest is personal preference and if you like it, go for it!

• Like 1

I found an STi sway bar for $50 used with the bushings. Lots of guys throw them away when upgrading. Keep an eye on FB marketplace.

Wheels and tires would be my next choice, but that might run you btw $600-$1000 for a used setup 

• Like 1

Oh wow only $50 is a great deal for what you're getting. I was considering getting used wheels too but anything solid seems to go for like $1000+. I couldn't find anything with the right size that isn't a rep.

• 2 weeks later...

I modified the model specific RA mudflaps when I lowered my car to get rid of the aforementioned occurance of accidentally ripping them off when reversing. Made a cardboard template of each front and rear and made new holes down about 1.5" from the pre-stamped holes. This raises the flaps 1.5" when installed. Still looked great, didn't "hang down" too low anymore,

and never had an issue accidentally ripping one off.

• Like 1