LegacyGT.com

I have a low beam headlight out. Sometimes it flickers, sometimes not. What do I replace it with?

I have no clue what type of lights are in this car for the headlights?   I'm certain that they are not halogen.  Is replacing these "bulbs" as easy as doing something like H4 on a Honda Civic or is this process more involved?   I'm pretty sure the lights are specifically something different than the non limited models..   Because the 3.6R Limited, the lights seemed to have a purple hue to them?     

I plan on replacing them as a pair..   Wanting something brighter than stock...  Any recommendations?

Thanks much.

the 15 came with halogen projectors, so if your head lights are stock, you can replace the bulb. They're really easy to get to, the model number is on the bulb, i can't remember off the top of my head.

Edited by silverton

Well, I was going to recommend these if you are replacing halogen bulbs:

https://www.diodedynamics.com/low-beam-led-headlight-for-2015-2019-subaru-legacy-pair.html

But then, I noticed they have added a disclaimer about not being DOT compliant.  These are what I have on my 2018 Legacy, and they claimed they were DOT complaint at the time.  Not sure what changed.  I guess I am running illegal headlights now.

Edit: I noticed they claim to still be street legal in the long description, so I guess they are legal but not compliant -- whatever that means.

Edited by ncted

12 hours ago, Beamercub said:

I have no clue what type of lights are in this car for the headlights?

The 2015 Legacy/outback Owners Manual would be a good place to start, don't you think?

Going strictly from memory, I think the 2015 3.6 had HID low beams (D4S capsule) and halogen high beams. Both are easy to replace.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, silverton said:

2017 was the start of HID's. 15 and 16 use halogen projectors like I said in my previous post.

From the 2015 Legacy Brochure: HID Low Beam Headlights on the 3.6R

Screenshot at 2023-02-21 08-42-41.png

Edited by ncted