LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket engine mounts

I put a set of DEA/Marmon mounts in the NA Outback, and they were better than the shagged OE ones that were in there, but I have no idea how they would hold up to the extra torque from the turbo EJ. 

Depends on how much you flog on it?

If lots: spend up and get OE (Or Group N)

If not so much: try whatever brand is available and see? At least it isn't such a bad job to change them out...

I have never used an OE replacememt other than OEM or GroupeN (which is also OEM). I have used several different aftermarket (more) solid mounts and would not recommend them in a daily driver.  I would go OEM if wanting a stadard replacement. They tend to last 100k. 

• Like 1

If people keep recommending $20 engine mounts from China that they find on Amazon and give 5 star reviews because the studs did not strip on install (at factory torque specs) I might as well give up.  5k miles of review from 1 barely active member.  Go for it. 

I run the IAG engine mounts with their track inserts and they’re really stiff. If I did it again their softest insert is what I would use.  

before these ones broke-in I think could feel the pistons change direction. 

• Haha 2
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Llke I said, I can not recommend the aftermarket performance/race mounts I have used on a daily driver.  Race cars are built for a specific purpose.  Driving on the street is not one of them.  It can be rather uncomfortable if not painful. 

23 hours ago, relative4 said:

How much harshness should one expect from the Group Ns?

I didn't notice any NVH differences until the valvetrain and turbo were on full tilt compared to my absolutely tossed OEM bushings which were replaced around 200K.

Edited by Pleides