LegacyGT.com

Staggered Wheel/Tire Setup?

Hey all, wasn't necessarily looking but I stumbled upon a great deal for some genuine BBS (I think CO's?) They're 19"s and I have to verify the bolt pattern, but I'm almost 100% sure I'm gonna need adapters. Anyway, the tires on them right now are 245/45 fronts and 275/45 rears, I think I'd end up replacing them soon but based on that size even then I'm gonna be at a 245 front vs 265-255 rear as the closest to square I could possibly get, I saw a comment once on how staggered setups can mess with the center diff or something, but I don't know how true that is, I also don't track the car or anything like that.

Any input on this would be awesome!

If you are consideeing a staggered setup you need to get the overall diameters front and rear equal.  Going off memory for those sizes (245/265) you need a 35-series tire at the rear to get diameters almost equal.

And even then there are small differences still so do consider Subaru has some of the lowest tolerances for rolling diameter difference of all the AWD manufacturers (so yes can affect the center diff)

I have an AWD that is staggered from the factory but I dont see many staggered setups on AWD Subarus.  

Edited by Scubaboo
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

Seems like the price of trying to buy new tires to match diameter AND adapters is likely gonna be the same amount of money/more than just getting new wheels... I'll just stay away from staggered in general. Thanks for the help guys!

• Like 3