LegacyGT.com

Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement help!!!

Hello fellow Soob owners! Well, several months ago my dash lit up like a Christmas tree.  I went to several (5) different places to pull the code(s). I could personally not get a defined answer why the flashing brake light, the flashing cruise control light, and the constant engine light was on. I bit the bullet and took in into a Soob dealer.  This time was the O2 sensor, but that would not be the same thing this time.

Well this morning needless to say it was Christmas on my dash again. I thought o joy! I did not bother with all the auto part stores and took it once again to a Soob dealer.

The code that was stored was a P0171 and they did a full diagnostic on her. They found small leaks along the Intake Manifold Gaskets “mainly on the right side as your looking at the Soob”.

I did not take it to the same dealer I bought her from. So, I can understand not having done any of the maintenance them selves they wanted  me to do other maintenance. I had at 100k replaced the wires, plugs, belt, trans fluid drain and fill, front, and rear differential, and other general maintenance.

She continues to preform well and now my questions! Lol

I am not a rocket scientist, but I have a good not great mechanical aptitude. I have used my Google Foo in trying to find videos of pulling the intake manifold of a Soob 2014 Legacy and unless I totally overlooked it I can’t find one. I have looked on here a little and will look some more after I post this. If anyone knows of a tutorial or video plz let me know.  They are saying I need to replace the EGR ABD seals, throttle body gasket, upper intake manifold gasket, and grommets for fuel injectors.

Does replacing all of these gaskets and seals sound, correct? I will reach out to my other local shop. I can’t go to my old shop because he retired lol.

The car will just get bad gas mileage until I get her fixed!

Thank you, folks, once again,

Sonder

If they didn't recommend replacing the MAF sensor or coolant temp sensor, then they must have found pretty good evidence that you did indeed have some intake leaks. The nice thing about going to the dealership is that if they don't fix your complaint, they get to do again, but this time labor should be free and you'll only have to pay for parts.

I found this video of a guy doing a general teardown, he starts to take off the manifold here but then bounces around.. I'm not finding any good video for it either.

I got something for you though.. just gimme a minute

• Like 1

In case you didn't know the slew of lights is merely to get your attention to the Check engine light being on. They are meaningless by themselves, the CEL is the actual issue there. I would find a pdf of the service manual if you want to do the maintenance yourself, the pictures and descriptions are excellent along with the trouble shooting guide for diagnostic trouble codes.

• Like 1