LegacyGT.com

Ringland failure now to make repairs

ok Thanks for the input so far all

From what i know but can be wrong only premium was used. Once i have the car here and i tare it apart i will see the damage. From i have seen so far the factory tune at times was not sensitive enough to catch the knock.

My total goals as of now is

1. catback exhaust (maybe total exhaust) want sound but DO NOT WANT TO SOUND LIKE A RICER

2. bov
3. better TMIC
4. maybe a VF52 in a s2 setup

all in stages

But from what i seen so far a stock bottom end with a PROPER tune should have no issues holding together.

IMO, the stock BOV is fine. Grimmspeed makes the best TMIC. I loved the vf52, its a fun reliable daily driver even on stock fueling. A 3" catted Dp will be needed for best performance.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I want the bov hehe I'm fond of my  daytonas rfl  bov lol

From what I have seen on the posts so far 

The bottle necks  to get to a "s2" setup and please correct me if I am wrong

1. Stock dp back

2. Stock bov (leaks order higher boost)

3. Turbo becomes ineffective under highboost

4. Stock intercooler ineffective under highboost  (a tmic greemspeed is recommended)

5.   Camshafts ? 

The good thing is other then the camshafts (if I actually go that route) is most is bolt on that I can do little by little.

The 3" Dp is a must for performance.

Cams are not needed unless your looking for big HP.

VF52 or bigger, depends on your HP goals , which are what ?

Yes to GS tmic.

Oh, and a great Tuner.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Venting to atmosphere is a noise maker that while somewhat attractive can cause other issues. You are creating a leak post maf so the ecm can not correct for the loss of air and you go rich. I had a sticky explaining all of this and how to use a hybrid Bpv to attain better throttle response, some noise, and minimze the rich condtion to 1/10th of 1 second.