LegacyGT.com

Help! What is this hose supposed to be connected to?

what is this hose supposed to be connected to? Also my car is having a problem when I do a cold start. It rattles or clicks really loud for like 2 seconds and is getting worse. Also when it’s not  warmed up and I hit a bump in the road it makes a rub sound identical to a lowered cars tires rubbing in the fenders. I am lowered but it isn’t that as it happens only when car isn’t fully warm. Also when I let off the gas it makes a quick rattle sound then goes away. I feel like my car is going to die and day and I have to work and get  to school or I will be homeless and not pass my classes. Any ideas greatly appreciated. 

does my LCA bushing look worn out too from the pic. But also does that hose need to be connected to something? 

0E81A0BC-2095-4758-9377-43554BDD08C4.jpegEdit- I looked at the pic and yeah my bushings are worn out. More that I can’t afford to fix. FML. First time I’ve been broke a while. I had a 06 LGT with over 50k into it and cops took it a year ago… with everything in penned now I have another 06 LGT that has problems and this sucks…

Edited by 3rd4thGen
Was not ready to post

• 3rd4thGen changed the title to Help! What is this hose supposed to be connected to?

And if this belongs another part of the forums then please move it. I’m sorry if so I’m at work on break and wanted to post ASAP and not sure where my problems are coming from. Tranny, suspension, engine, or where

What do these hoses go to? Under my intercooler. My pitch mount is a little loose so hopefully tightening that will help with the noise when I put my car into gear and the rattle when I start it. Wasn’t that loose but from shaking by hand I can hear a rattle/click. Look at my starter bolts too. Bottom one is a nut not a bolt. My manual was 2 bolts holding the starter in if I recall. I’m worried about taking it out bd but getting it back in. Somebody was a serious douche that owned this car before me.  ill record aider audio in the morning. I’m trying to try take out my starter to inspect  it cuz I feel like that’s part of my problem.  Here are the pics

1) starter nut (lower non bolt)??

2)2 hoses under intercooler next to pitch mount to the right

75998B14-D915-4E3B-9224-66F979C4C9F8.jpeg

D268DBCE-AD8A-408E-AFA8-7CE20E6BC33E.jpeg

Edited by 3rd4thGen

\

First picture is the AC drain line like someone already said. 

Automatic Subaru's use one bolt and one nut to attach, but there is still another bolt you need to remove to separate the bell housing from the block, you can see it in the photo.

Both of those lines are vents for the differential/transmission.

Edited by silverton
  • Thanks 1

Search for vacation pics and you will find a link to manuals.

If I remember correct the starter is one bolt and one nutted stud.

As for the hoses one is the AC dripline and the other two are vents as other have said. Both are as they should be. Open.

Edited by kzr750r1