LegacyGT.com

Vibration in steering wheel

Crazycook99

New to the Subaru game and worked on cars growing up. Long story short, bought coilovers from a member on here that are dog shit on the verge of needing to be rebuilt. Had to Install them since I can’t get anything unti 1/23/23, as well as whiteline sway bar set and some adjustable endlinks as well. 

Alignment, wheel balance and a shop checked over my installed and set basic ride hight. However, I’m getting a lot of vibration in my steering wheel around 30 mph and higher. I have an appointment to get the wheel balance and alignment checked next week. 

Is there anything else I should be checking? Sway bars and adjustable endlinks should be set when there is a load on the car correct?? Another concern is the whiteline front swaybar is very close to the tie rods. To the point it’s a bit butt puckering. Is this normal?

7542AAA2-FFE7-43F5-8737-A6439B6CF3C7.jpeg

09A98723-5A43-40D3-AA0C-596FC2EE5AD3.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Crazycook99 said:

bought coilovers from a member on here that are dog shit on the verge of needing to be rebuilt. However, I’m getting a lot of vibration in my steering wheel around 30 mph and higher.

Bruh, you answered your own question.  If you have a new wobble/vibration with "new" worn out parts.  It might be those worn out parts.

On 11/9/2022 at 3:55 PM, silverton said:

Bruh, you answered your own question.  If you have a new wobble/vibration with "new" worn out parts.  It might be those worn out parts.

I don't see or have ever come across a vibration in the steering wheel related to coilovers. The clunking and its associated noises yes. The feels like an out of balance vibration as it's not a constant. However, shouldn't be a problem as I picked up some ICS coilovers which should solve the issue.

• 3 weeks later...