LegacyGT.com

Wiper blades

So I got new Denso wiper blades.  26" and 19" said google.

Never had to change the blades since I got the car so I followed how they were installed.  The short blade was on the driver side and the long blade on the passenger side.

There is a big-ass unswept area on the lower left of the windshield. I dont remember that lol!

Google a bit more and some sites say the long blade should be at the driver side and the short blade at passenger side.  

Swap it now and lower left is better now but the the long blade goes past the windshield and onto the roof!

Pulled out the manual and no mention of blade lengths and swept areas.

What do you guys have?

Your car is a JDM market right? It is possible the sizes are different across different markets. I have a 26 and 20 on mine and they fit fine, I ended up with a 20 because I bought the wrong wipers for our ascent so I used them on my legacy.

• Thanks 1

So 26 seems to be the consensus for the driver side?  Can anyone see if that goes onto the roof at top of sweep?

Silverton, yes, they were the same lengths I took off.

FLL, yes we have the EU/Japan/Oz/rest of the world version LGT, but we are LHD 

Here's how my Bosch Icon's 26 & 19 are at full sweep.

The way the mounting and latching system on these are made they only go on 1 way and must be fully inserted onto the wiper arm for the latch to close. 

Maybe yours are not mounted correctly? 

legacy blades.jpg

• Thanks 1

correct me if i'm wrong here, but...i think your actual wiper arms are switched...short one should be on the driver side and long one should be on the passenger side.  windshield looks pretty minty, was it changed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes guys, the arms got switched around!

Not by the dealer though, by the body shop guys.

I called them yesterday and asked if they removed the cowl when I had them do some work a few weeks back.  "Nope.  Just the wiper arms."  Lol.

Glad to get this cleared up too, was driving me nuts!

All the input here was invaluable in getting this sorted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...