LegacyGT.com

SpecB or LTD?

Hello, new to Legacy, have been Impreza owner. I just purchased a 07 Legacy GT 2.5t. I'm confused as to if it's a spec B or limited because the title stated legacy GT limited. I was under the impression limiteds where all wagons though, I don't have a wagon. 

Thanks sorry for the amateur question. 

Spec B will be a 6 speed manual, have some fancy suspension bits and 18” inch factory wheels.

Should have badging that says ‘Spec B’ as well, tho that theoretically could have been lost over the years.

So, maybe you’re lucky there, but probably not. People selling a Spec B would usually know it, and be asking a premium because of it.

You can see the sticky's up top, and see how many Spec B's were built (2007-2009). If you had one, you would know. Mine is 1 of 112 made in 2009.  It was built June 6 2008, it was the 38th one built.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thank you all for your help. I was confused, I do have a 5 speed, but also know when the past owner had the clutch changed, the mechanic had a hard time sourcing parts (probably just him).

Btw I am so happy to find this forum I've always been a VW fan, until I got my RS, now I have my first boosted subi and I know I'm going to be addressing you all alot.thabks again.

• Like 2

I thought the first model year specs came with a 5sp. Does it have built in gps? What color are the seats? Lastly, can you tell if you have stamped steel control arms up front or aluminum? The steel will be black and aluminum will be dirty bare aluminum colored. 

On 10/24/2022 at 11:32 AM, Colico said:

Hello, new to Legacy, have been Impreza owner. I just purchased a 07 Legacy GT 2.5t. I'm confused as to if it's a spec B or limited because the title stated legacy GT limited. I was under the impression limiteds where all wagons though, I don't have a wagon. 

Thanks sorry for the amateur question. 

If you have an 2007 Legacy GT with a 5mt, it is not a Spec B. Only 2006 Spec B's had a 5mt.

• Thanks 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here