LegacyGT.com

car dies sometimes when pulling up to a stop light

i've been having an issue with my car dies sometimes when i pull up to a stop light let me give you a little back story i recently put a stage three cermaic clutch in my car and i wasn't use to it and there was a learning curve involved and i was stalling my car when i was taking off and when i would stall it i would get a CEL light with a p0000 code and occasionally a p0302 code and after that happened thats when my car would die it seems like idle gets real low and then the cars rights it's self and everything is ok sometimes it will die when i'm slowing down while i have the clutch pushed in all i have to do is crank it over and it starts right up no problems any help with this issue would be great thank you

Well, P0000 is a generic "no fault codes detected" code, but P0302 is a misfire on cylinder 2, so that's worth chasing down.  The clutch shouldn't stall the car out when decelerating (obviously, if the clutch is in when you get too slow the car gets mad and bucks/stalls) but it shouldn't throw a misfire code when it actually stalls.  Is the CEL flashing at any point?  (that would indicate the engine is misfiring)

As mentioned, if you had disconnected the battery, it may be stalling because it needs an idle relearn.

If you disconnect the battery, reconnect it, make sure everything is turned off, start the car, don't touch the gas or anything else, just let it idle for 8-10 min.

That should allow the ECU to relearn idle and it shouldn't stall when coming to a stop if that was the reason for the behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i did the throtle re learn i recently put a go fast bits pov on it this was after i posted that thread and it seemed to be doing better but now its taken a turn for the worst before when it would die it would start right back up no problem butg now its dieing almost everytime i push in the clutch to slow down or shift gears and when i start it back up or even when it does keep running it pulses a very erratic ideal up and down and up and down a couple of times until it figures out what it wants to do there is no cel on and it no longer gives me a cel if i stall it but i've got all that down now(the clutch) and my accesssport isn't giving me any funny numbers or anything i really thought that the throtle relearn was going to do the trick and now occasionally when i go to shift it will back fire i'm getting really concerned i love my car and i want it tobe happy