LegacyGT.com

Headlight lens Love

On 10/11/2022 at 12:30 AM, Alexmed2002 said:

Don't forget the headlight clearcoat to keep them clear and protected from the sun 😉

I did the clear coat once, never again. After about a year the "non-yellowing" clear coat turned yellow and proved to be a big time PITA to sand off the headlights. Unless there is some improved clear coat I would forgo that. I used the Krylon brand.

Now I just clean and polish them whenever I feel like it, lol. It's almost time for her semiannual bath and biannual interior detail.

Edited by FLlegacy

10 minutes ago, FLlegacy said:

I did the clear coat once, never again. After about a year the "non-yellowing" clear coat turned yellow and proved to be a big time PITA to sand off the headlights. Unless there is some improved clear coat I would forgo that. I used the Krylon brand.

Now I just clean and polish them whenever I feel like it, lol. It's almost time for her semiannual bath and biannual interior detail.

If you don't mind me asking, which clear coat did you use? I have used Meguiar's Headlight Coating for the last 4 years over the span of three different vehicles and it works well in my case. I would imagine there are clear coats that are not good...

41 minutes ago, Alexmed2002 said:

If you don't mind me asking, which clear coat did you use? I have used Meguiar's Headlight Coating for the last 4 years over the span of three different vehicles and it works well in my case. I would imagine there are clear coats that are not good...

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K01303007-Acrylic-Crystal-11-Ounce/dp/B00023JE7K?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

Not a Subaru but I just did my sister's 2000 Accord. You want the clear coat. I did my 2011 Legacy about 2 years ago and it is till clear besides the bug splat that I haven't clean off. 

This is the clear coat you want. 
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G17804-Clear-Headlight-Coating/dp/B01M4RVVX6/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1Q02VRM26KLK7&keywords=meguiars+clear+coat+headlight&qid=1666750276&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=mequairer+clear+coat+headligh%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-1

image.jpeg.483b76b84cf05f3744bc1286be2e977e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1fe74127d61338439afb6cb5fecb80fd.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1