LegacyGT.com

Trunk side cargo nets...anyone have them?

I need to free up trunk space and one idea I like is the oem cargo net.  

I have a small box with top up oil and some cleaning supplies in the trunk.  I figure I can put all that stuff behind the side nets so I can get rid of the box.

Anyway, if anyone has them, how are the nets installed?  I looked and it looks like I only have 1 hook from the factory, the rest are part of the kit and need to be installed?  Interested to see how they are installed.

I have them, there are 4 hooks IIRC two on the wheel well side and two on the trunk side, the net is also good for holding back larger items like a coolant jug in the corner of the trunk.

MInd you I installed these a long time ago, but I think the front hooks pop into the molded carpet and the rear top replaces the screw on fastener. I can't recall if the bottom rear is push in or screw on. If I remember I will look at it this evening.

Edited by FLlegacy
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, I'd appreciate it, if you have the time.  It sounds better now that you mention it, one of the things in my box is a small bottle of top up coolant lol!

Here is what one of my trunk sides look like.  1 hook (mentioned in the owners manual as a grocery hook), and 2 push pins across it.  

Looking at some pics of the kit online it looks like the 2 push pins are replaced with threaded studs.  The studs are threaded into the holes and the plastic hooks then thread onto the studs.  

The kit also looks to have a fabric belt with a d-ring on one end and a hole on the belt on the other end.  I'm guessing the fabric belt is bolted on to the plastic panel that covers the trunk latch, below and to the side of the existing grocery hanger hook.

spacer.png

Edited by Scubaboo
Fixed picture link

So the little fabric belt with the D-ring attaches under the plastic fastener to the trim at the opening of the trunk, then the bottom of the net has a hook that goes there.  the top fastener is replaced with a double-hook sort of fastener that a loop of from the net goes over, then the other two sides go to the push fasteners on the side of the trunk.  I don't remember if I had one of the screw in center fasteners break, but on both sides, I have a regular push fastener on the bottom and the screw in center one on the top (I installed it back in 2011, so it was a while ago) - here's a picture of the right side (same as you posted of your trunk) so you can see where everything goes.  You can put stuff inside the net, as well as use the net to hold things in the corners of the trunk.  If it's in the way, you just take the net off the two hooks and it's out of the way - I like them!

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrD123 said:

So the little fabric belt with the D-ring attaches under the plastic fastener to the trim at the opening of the trunk, then the bottom of the net has a hook that goes there.  the top fastener is replaced with a double-hook sort of fastener that a loop of from the net goes over, then the other two sides go to the push fasteners on the side of the trunk.  I don't remember if I had one of the screw in center fasteners break, but on both sides, I have a regular push fastener on the bottom and the screw in center one on the top (I installed it back in 2011, so it was a while ago) - here's a picture of the right side (same as you posted of your trunk) so you can see where everything goes.  You can put stuff inside the net, as well as use the net to hold things in the corners of the trunk.  If it's in the way, you just take the net off the two hooks and it's out of the way - I like them!

Capture.JPG

Thank you, that really clears it up!

I was wondering if I could jerry rig my own setup but I think I will just pony up for a set.  A bit pricey at $30-something (on sale at that!), but I guess you are paying for the engineering lol!

Now though it seems there are 2 part numbers for the 2010-up LGT, one for 2010 models and another for 2011 to 2014 models (though some sites spec it for 2010 models too).  I cant find any mention on the difference between the 2, but the other is like $5 more.

I will probably get the 2nd part number, I hope its an improved version of the first.

• 1 year later...