LegacyGT.com

3.6r engine splash guard??

I'm having issues due to the missing splash guard(s). 

I'm shown 3 splash guards for the Legacy from various sites.

What do I need to buy for the 3.6r?

Also, does anyone have a repair manual that shows what screws or plugs I need and where they go?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 2.13.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 2.13.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 2.19.22 PM.png

3 hours ago, silverton said:

If you peruse parts.subaru.com you could find the OE part number for your under engine tray.

That link was perfect. Shows the splash guards and what fasteners it uses.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 8.03.25 PM.png

Edited by verbyd

I know it doesn't solve your problem. But I got one from here for my GT while I waited for my Primitive Skid Plate

https://www.carid.com/2011-subaru-legacy-chassis-frames-body/replace-engine-cover-83727922.html

This is what they have listed for the 3.6R

Super cheap at $32 at my door in 2 days. 

image.thumb.png.7e9fbc0f39763fcdb372ac18172f138d.png

Edited by Aphex28

They both start at the front under the radiator, it just depends on how much more you want to cover.  The smaller one on top is the one I normally find on those 3.6's. Still gives you access to remove the oil filter without oil hitting the tray.

23 hours ago, silverton said:

They both start at the front under the radiator, it just depends on how much more you want to cover.  The smaller one on top is the one I normally find on those 3.6's. Still gives you access to remove the oil filter without oil hitting the tray.

I have the smaller (top option) on my car.

Do you know if the 3.6r ever came with the other larger cover that covers the oil filter and drain plug? or is it just this one cover?

I can't find a straight answer just googling. 

I brought my car to the mechanic because when I drive in the rain I get a check engine light. They said they thought I was missing the splash guard and that is allowing water to get all over the wires in that area?

Edited by verbyd
oil filter not fuel filter!

I'll assume that 'fuel filter' is a Freudian slip for the oil filter.

The newer 3.6R's like the 15/16 generation have a larger undercover tray with a hole for the drain plug, and a removable door for the oil filter. I do not know if they are compatible with your year.  Your year came with the smaller one, and a little add in piece that you had to remove to drain the oil and filter cleanly, and generally get forgotten to be reinstalled.

56 minutes ago, silverton said:

I'll assume that 'fuel filter' is a Freudian slip for the oil filter.

The newer 3.6R's like the 15/16 generation have a larger undercover tray with a hole for the drain plug, and a removable door for the oil filter. I do not know if they are compatible with your year.  Your year came with the smaller one, and a little add in piece that you had to remove to drain the oil and filter cleanly, and generally get forgotten to be reinstalled.

Ok, thank you!