LegacyGT.com

Tactrix 3-port boost control solenoid (lack of) compatibility

I have not found anything through searching the forum on this, so I just want to put it in writing, if you are looking to upgrade to a 3-port BCS do not order the Tactrix unit. The harness adapter is not compatible with the fifth gen and 2015+ FA20 engines. Both Grimmspeed and Cobb sell units with the correct connector. See my build thread for pictures, if I can find a correct adapter I'll update this thread, otherwise I am going to buy the Grimmspeed unit (search "2015-21 WRX/FA20/2010-2012 LGT" on their website) and sell or give away my Tactrix unit to someone with a fourth gen LGT.

• Thanks 1

I found a Grimmspeed BCS for my fifth gen at a local tuner in stock. I wanted to get my e-tune started, so spent some $$$and didn't bother looking for an adapter for the Tactrix unit. Note, you will need two 1/8" to 1/4" couplers for the turbo and waste gate lines, in addition to the adapter plate to connect to the turbo intake.

This was more of a PITA than I expected, but should help my tuner safely dual in more boost.