LegacyGT.com

Resistor Mod for Uppipe Location

Can someone upload a pic where I can find where I need to put the radioshack resistor to have my code disappear for my swap to an STI uppipe? I've been looking for the connector (orange inside) and can't seem to find.  I've managed to find closeup pics of the connector, but have no idea specifically it is in the engine bay.  Would be appreciated.  I can't seem to see the pics on this site of the "Ultimate Resistor Mod" link and why I'm asking.

Also, I'll assume you are putting the resistor into the line that goes to the electrical, not the 02 sensor I'm getting rid of..  And once the resistor is in, what are you supposed to do,  tape it up and tie strap it to something to keep it away from water or reconnect it?  The latter part seems to be missing in a few videos I've seen.   

This is my engine bay for reference. Maybe someone can put a circle where I'm supposed to look for it.

Thanks for your help in advance.   

uAOL99AqTC5J2AyMneHkAuk-rUSC-zuqDbC6XOVZm2WvPlv6FCB1nRnluhIDlJX2D6Wgvc5OH670_o82YytNgIQCRK3qEs1ltUAE6y-7bKNh4EqQgRmAH6NCHWRxmzWN4gT-4JXNQKwwrEUq4q3wgdNGudYoS_Wqej3GF5HEyuu_kMw4W0mbcw0o_esZ0Ldu_ypES3Q64TM3EJhD-vIJAUNrJCpmiz72mviyEtOJyN0vigL83btq9AgPbI9VWEs_QOgP0jgRwDl2UTr7-ZeuthtrUKP-FbHaQjgiNDFUGwu_eHDjm9oS5fOODYY_xKuI1oSVeHtpUmmxNpMA9vb1drR0jgEGPnpL3VF_k-5HF8Jyme9XjGC87cfQFWPFDKNam0xIZ9BBEA8t4BqovMHVT8pc1wJSlzheL_en24qL1hCjxAzZLNi2hB0KuCSfu8h4B1RBj4PucUaO__v5lghJLJ-RMzxd62q09Mki9dtOvwY6BjM0VQZ_CS2BA-zYlsqywAGIl3IFcSRlo-gKYFV-Op7pafLH0kP4YLFazu5_uh61XgQJdofXnIzsicaCOVV331DVAhdUHZ9qCMq1j4AfON97nruietaH8gd_lly9FnqURiKSdbJktHg1Hmffz3tOYta2AK3JRSHx7QOcFCUrpkiVAEc5yd5OvlLerLjzSU4urnp1F6timQmKuwH--TSCOLdOoBx-WlOGsfM14grz3OkjuQtTq8VuKH1IFLgstGsVzT-Jlo-0FBjJGN3-64Cn6niD6-Y4L5ns7ARSrd_oZK0FEZ4vOfuDeFJinw=w1560-h720-no?authuser=1

The connector should be closer to the firewall than your picture.

If I remember correctly, it was a two-line black plug with an orange interior and mounted next to the main connector (just above the top of your picture).

15 minutes ago, apexi said:

Yeah looks like it could be below your main engine harness, least based off what I saw in the post below

https://www.legacygt.com/topic/65194-the-unofficial-05-06-lgt-22k-5w-resistor-up-pipe-install-cel-fix/?do=findComment&comment=1694712

1.JPG

1.png

Funny, I see exactly that harness, and I see that grey plug which i'll assume is the one I needed to find, however, I don't have one going to that harness. 

15 minutes ago, MDSubie4 said:

Perhaps my model came without O2 sensor or cat on the OEM uppipe?   I took another pic of some wires underneath my intercooler.   Perhaps the green one?  

Screenshot_20220802-230045_Gallery (2).jpg

Remind me what year you are?

Was there an EGT in the up-pipe that you replaced with the STi up-pipe?

Front O2 sensor is in the exhaust manifold elbow, that was the same pre/post facelift.

The 05-06 had an EGT in the up-pipe.

1 hour ago, MDSubie4 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c3251ad9bcd427f2b23760fc4e17d3c7.jpeg

The connector should be either under that connector or on the other side from this picture. It is supposed to be attached to the same bracket there.

I guess it would probably be good to find the EGT sensor on the uppipe (if it hasn't been removed yet) and trace it to the connector.

See the orange female in that gray connector, that's where you stick the 2.2kohm resistor, to bypass the EGT probe.

DSCN9834.JPG

• Thanks 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OK, so had a look tonight and there is no orange recepticle there either.

Here is pick of the car. The only thing is the harness with a tonne of wires, but nothing underneath it, whether a grey or black separate recepticle or wiring with 2 electrical wires coming out.  These pics are from underneath that big harness.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c4d0a80d4da1d25f7990aa1e2c27d295.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e32923ff382eac0e9801be8e8ee2af94.jpeg

The orange terminals are in the gray connector. You should be able to follow the gray EGT wire up to it.

Is your car a USA model ? or some other country.

Can you stand back a bit and take a photo showing the shock tower and corner of tmic ?

The gray connector is under that big black engine harness connector.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

18 minutes ago, Max Capacity said:

The orange terminals are in the gray connector. You should be able to follow the gray EGT wire up to it.

Is your car a USA model ? or some other country.

Can you stand back a bit and take a photo showing the shock tower and corner of tmic ?

The gray connector is under that big black engine harness connector.

It's a USA model. The pic I sent above is from the underneath of that big harness. There is nothing grey there. Just one unit that clips in from what I can see. 

My wagon is an early 2005, build date of May 28 2004, I wonder if they moved the connector on later build's. 

I also think that going stage 2 deletes the code anyway's. 

It makes sense to install a 3" catted downpipe while you have the stock Dp off for the catless up pipe install. 

Ok, so you get on the passenger side of the car, and look for the uppipe, then you look for the egt sensor going into the upipe, find that wire and just follow it back lol! ??? I have an 05 and that sensor should be visible and should be pointing towards the passenger side. You should be able to get your hand on the sensor. 

You are the second owner? Are you sure you have an egt sensor in your uppipe or was it already upgraded? Its not exactly rocket science lol get your eyes on the egt sensor in the uppipe, if there isn't one then the car was probably already moded, it was very common mod back in the day. Its the 1st mod I did. 

The connector for the egt should be on a plastic clip near the main harness connection and easily visible, if its not there I would consider that modifications have already been done and you should figure out what has been done to the car before doing any mods!