LegacyGT.com

I'm curious what everyone paid for windshield replacements with Eyesight and the wiper heater elements package.

I recently found a big 'ole crack in my windshield from a rock that was kicked up by a car in front of me on the highway, easily larger than the 6 inches that repair services say can be patched, so it will definitely need to be replaced. Unfortunately, it was dark when I pulled over to check the glass and didn't spot the crack until a week later as I was working from home.  Some preliminary inquires quoted me as much as $1100 for a replacement and I'm sure you could imagine my surprise at the cost. I'm really curious what any of you have shelled out for replacement windshields over the years.

I paid Safelite 100 dollars after State Farm coughed up for the remainder. Just call your local windshield repair shop and see what they say. Apparently Safelite is kinda spendy, but I got Fuyao glass (they're an OEM for GM, among others) rather than some super cheap knockoff, so it was worth it. This was right when the pandemic started, just FYI, so I'm not sure how readily available glass is for our cars with current shortages. Just make sure they know that your windshield has heated wipers and they don't order something that doesn't come with that.

I did not want to go through my insurance company when I replaced mine last summer.  I found a shop that would just replace the windshield without recalibrating Eye Sight.  It cost me $300.  I know I was gambling with the "Safety" of the Eye Sight System.  I just was not willing to pay over $1000 to have the windshield replaced.  Since the replacement, Eyesight still works fine.  Eyesight Cruise control and collision braking still works fine (for my personal safety margin).  I'd figure, if after the replacement and I was not satisfied with the Eyesight system calibration, I would just take it to the dealer to have it recalibrated.  So in the end, if you want to take the risk to not recalibrate eyesight, you can replace it somewhere for cheaper.  Safelite will not replace without calibrating the Eyesight and yeah, their quote last year was ~$1100.