LegacyGT.com

When will the 2006 GT be available?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy']Every now and again a cranky old man gets something right, eh? :lol: You will be quite pleased with the Osrams. AutoExpress in the UK ran a recent H7 bulb test, and the Osrams garnered five stars, compared to four for the VisionPlus. Kevin[/quote] Heh, thanks for the tip. Any recommendation of the high beam bulbs? Are they fine as-is, or is there another bulb that preform a bit better then the stockers? The real question is: is upgrading the high beams even worth the cost...?[/quote] I didn't bother with the high beams, as once when I flipped them on to check as I was pulling into the driveway, and my wife said she thought a thunderstorm was approaching, as she saw lightning! :lol: When I flash to pass, it's pretty scary stuff. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy']Every now and again a cranky old man gets something right, eh? :lol: You will be quite pleased with the Osrams. AutoExpress in the UK ran a recent H7 bulb test, and the Osrams garnered five stars, compared to four for the VisionPlus. Kevin[/quote] Heh, thanks for the tip. Any recommendation of the high beam bulbs? Are they fine as-is, or is there another bulb that preform a bit better then the stockers? The real question is: is upgrading the high beams even worth the cost...?[/quote] I didn't bother with the high beams, as once when I flipped them on to check as I was pulling into the driveway, and my wife said she thought a thunderstorm was approaching, as she saw lightning! :lol: When I flash to pass, it's pretty scary stuff. Kevin[/quote] They [i]are[/i] quite bright, which is why I asked if they were even worth the cost of upgrading, but obviously they seem adequate enough. BTW, I just placed my order for some Osram SilverStars at powerbulbs.co.uk! 8) I'll be sure to post some comparison pics as soon as they come in. How long did it take for you Kev?

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy']Every now and again a cranky old man gets something right, eh? :lol: You will be quite pleased with the Osrams. AutoExpress in the UK ran a recent H7 bulb test, and the Osrams garnered five stars, compared to four for the VisionPlus. Kevin[/quote] Heh, thanks for the tip. Any recommendation of the high beam bulbs? Are they fine as-is, or is there another bulb that preform a bit better then the stockers? The real question is: is upgrading the high beams even worth the cost...?[/quote] I didn't bother with the high beams, as once when I flipped them on to check as I was pulling into the driveway, and my wife said she thought a thunderstorm was approaching, as she saw lightning! :lol: When I flash to pass, it's pretty scary stuff. Kevin[/quote] They [i]are[/i] quite bright, which is why I asked if they were even worth the cost of upgrading, but obviously they seem adequate enough. BTW, I just placed my order for some Osram SilverStars at powerbulbs.co.uk! 8) I'll be sure to post some comparison pics as soon as they come in. How long did it take for you Kev?[/quote] About five business days. They're pretty quick and the free shipping is very nice. Kevin

One thing I have noticed--where you get your gas can make a difference of several MPG. The first several tanks I was getting gas at this one Hess station which usually has about the best price in this one town. I was averaging in the 25's eventally as the engine broke in. Then I got it at a different Hess in another town and it went down into the 24's. Then I got it at an Exxon at still another town a couple times and it went up into the 26's. On the highway the 27's. Then when I filled up in PA is when I got the best. I knwo that once upon a time, NY was one of two states with basically no gas standards, so that all the gas that wouldn't pass muster in other states got dumped here, and we were notorious for having the crappiest gas. Toyota for awhile was even supposedly refusing to do some engine repairs on cars in NY because they said it was the gas causing the problems--something about a gray sludge in the engines. Anyway, so if you usually always fill up the same place, try switching around a bit and see if you see a difference.

[quote name='"wunderkind"'] However we both agree that Crystal Grey Metallic on all 2005 Imprezas would be perfect. So maybe 2006 this colour may come by. [quote] I am hoping for the same thing! My lease on my Ming Blue Audi A4 ends late June. I'd like to change colors but if Subaru doesn't add the Grey I will probably go with Regal Blue since it looks the best out of what I have seen so far, but the Metallic Grey would be perfect!

I just hope HID's dont become standard or else the legacy's might be a target for thieves. I had a Maxima with HID's standard and it was a problem bringing the car to the mall or any place that you have to be away from your car for a long period of time. The thing is even those people with halogens can get their lights jacked.

[quote name='skubdu']I just hope HID's dont become standard or else the legacy's might be a target for thieves. I had a Maxima with HID's standard and it was a problem bringing the car to the mall or any place that you have to be away from your car for a long period of time. The thing is even those people with halogens can get their lights jacked.[/quote] I believe part of the Maxima's problem was poor design, made them extremly easy to steal. Think of all the Mercedes, BMW's, and Lexus' on the roads with HID's, far fewer of them get stolen (though to be fair it does happen) -Nick

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy']Every now and again a cranky old man gets something right, eh? :lol: You will be quite pleased with the Osrams. AutoExpress in the UK ran a recent H7 bulb test, and the Osrams garnered five stars, compared to four for the VisionPlus. Kevin[/quote] Heh, thanks for the tip. Any recommendation of the high beam bulbs? Are they fine as-is, or is there another bulb that preform a bit better then the stockers? The real question is: is upgrading the high beams even worth the cost...?[/quote] I didn't bother with the high beams, as once when I flipped them on to check as I was pulling into the driveway, and my wife said she thought a thunderstorm was approaching, as she saw lightning! :lol: When I flash to pass, it's pretty scary stuff. Kevin[/quote] They [i]are[/i] quite bright, which is why I asked if they were even worth the cost of upgrading, but obviously they seem adequate enough. BTW, I just placed my order for some Osram SilverStars at powerbulbs.co.uk! 8) I'll be sure to post some comparison pics as soon as they come in. How long did it take for you Kev?[/quote] About five business days. They're pretty quick and the free shipping is very nice. Kevin[/quote] Welp, they came in today. Ordered last Friday...so the turn around wasn't bad at all! :D Pics to come.

• 12 years later...
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161122/ca4ae7aad5e94037a781278d902d6852.jpg

My 09 SpecB :)

I think this is what you are looking for. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2017-legacygt-com-calendar-257621.html

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived