LegacyGT.com

Clear Headlights

Decay

[quote name='jedimaster']Not to be a dick here, as I know you guys like HID headlights. But I really don't see the draw- is it a status thing, or is it something that is so useful people are willing to pay thousands of dollars for headlights?[/quote] Well, I figure if your going to change the headlights to imported clear ones, might as well get some extra functionality in the swap. Not everyone's decisions are "status" or "bling" driven. BUT, if they do cost thousands :o, than I would not be getting them because there are upgrades with a much higher utility/$$.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='GranTourer'][quote name='jedimaster']Not to be a dick here, as I know you guys like HID headlights. But I really don't see the draw- is it a status thing, or is it something that is so useful people are willing to pay thousands of dollars for headlights?[/quote] Well, I figure if your going to change the headlights to imported clear ones, might as well get some extra functionality in the swap. Not everyone's decisions are "status" or "bling" driven. BUT, if they do cost thousands :o, than I would not be getting them because there are upgrades with a much higher utility/$$.[/quote] I thought they did cost thousands, but I'm prolly wrong. I'm not saying you guys are bling bling or anything, just that I didn't understand the draw. It's not like you're complaining that the bumpers are too big or the car doesn't have a NAV system :lol:

We don't yet know the difference between the GT's projectors (H7 halogen with uprated bulbs, say Osram Silverstars) and an HID system. We know what the numbers tell us, but we also know the old adage about "lies, danged lies, and statistics." The USDM projectors, with the aformentioned bulbs, are excellent. They are also what we have. Until a GT shows up on these shores with stock HID, we will never know what the difference is. I do know that, with my headlights, seeing is definitely not an issue. At all. As with halogen systems, the quality of HID systems vary. Kevin

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name='Ninjapimp']I thought someone in Germany said the Euro models came with clear? I'm pretty sure there's a post from him somewhere.[/quote] I'm not from Germany, but I can tell you that the Euro cars come with clears...! At least the 3.0R's... :)

[quote name='Henkan'][quote name='Ninjapimp']I thought someone in Germany said the Euro models came with clear? I'm pretty sure there's a post from him somewhere.[/quote] I'm not from Germany, but I can tell you that the Euro cars come with clears...! At least the 3.0R's... :)[/quote] Well then find a distributor and start shipping em over here......:) I would be happy to be the middle man and coordinate everything. :P
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='Henkan']This is a picture of a european headlight. Is it what you are looking for...? Don't know anything about distribution and shipping though... :P[img]http://www.legacygt.com/files/subaru_legacy04s.jpg[/img][/quote] [img]http://home.wangjianshuo.com/archives/2003/08/12/09/03.gif[/img]

This Space For Rent

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5'][quote name='jedimaster']Damn that looks nice- looks like I'll be putting my lights in the over after all.[/quote] Bake em!!!! Do it!!!...then come over and bake mine....I'm a chicken sh!t.... :lol:[/quote] To be honest, I kinda like the amber reflectors although I think on RED it might look better clear. I liked them alot in my black WRX....

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='BoxerGT2.5'][quote name='jedimaster']Damn that looks nice- looks like I'll be putting my lights in the over after all.[/quote] Bake em!!!! Do it!!!...then come over and bake mine....I'm a chicken sh!t.... :lol:[/quote] To be honest, I kinda like the amber reflectors although I think on RED it might look better clear. I liked them alot in my black WRX....[/quote] To me it looks too broken up. Not a fan of having them on my Black GT. But hey...there are more important things to mess with...hehehe. I will get around to the headlights in due time.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Well, don't put 'em in the oven then hit the head with your new Car and Driver! :lol: Seriously, just put 'em in and keep an eye on them.

[quote name='Henkan']What is it they say? The grass is always greener on the other side...! :wink: Here in Sweden, every speedshop worth the name, sells "US-turnsignals" for all Saab and Volvo models... :D[/quote] Sh!t I have to find a sweed! :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster']"Don't bake unless you're a woman" :lol:[/quote] If you do it, I'll do it.... :o[/quote] OK- make mine Chocolate Chip. MMMMMMM 8)

Archived