LegacyGT.com

A/C Causing Stumble

Hey guy's on my 2005 2.5i non-turbo wagon, I'm beginning to notice the car stumble, or miss more than usual, only when the A/C is on and at idle. When this happens, it really causes the car to momentarily shake...almost like a hard misfire or something, and then she quickly idles fine. This does not happen when the A/C is off. Could my compressor be on its way out and starting to seize up or something? As far as AC temp, for the most part she blows cold. I would not describe it as a "consistent cold" but its comfortable. The car has 289k miles. In late 2019, I did change out the condenser, dryer, expansion valve, and found a nice used compressor. My son hit a deer and so I had to replace several items. Thanks

Not sure if the service manual will help,

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Did you do the change out yourself or have it done ?

You might want to take it to a repair shop and have them check it out before the AC clutch has a real issue if you think that's what it could be.

Is there any other sound, then the "click" when you cycle the AC on/off ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not sure if the service manual will help,

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Did you do the change out yourself or have it done ?

You might want to take it to a repair shop and have them check it out before the AC clutch has a real issue if you think that's what it could be.

Is there any other sound, then the "click" when you cycle the AC on/off ?

I changed it all out myself and had a shop recharge the system.

Torque will read your short and long term trims no problem. It does sound like there's a bit of extra drag in your compressor, or the tensioner pulley.

I recently replaced the pully and also checked and adjusted the air gap on the clutch.