LegacyGT.com

Not able to search site:legacytgt.com using Google?

KZJonny

So,

Normally I do my best to search through the site pretty thoroughly using a site specific search with google chrome (becuase it's what I use...)

The irony in posting a question asking about a problem without having searched for the answer, about how to find that answer does not elude me.

Google says something like : "It means that the website prevented Google from creating a page description, but didn't actually hide the page from Google.

If you own this site you can improve this result either by letting Google read the page to create a good description, or by hiding the page entirely from Google Search results. "

???

Any one else having this problem? I've used a couple of computers and had the same results. Being able to search the site using anything better than the built in search function was pretty critical to making it as amazingly useful as it has been.

At present, unless this is just a problem for me somehow, it is a huge bummer, since I'm back to using the forum search function, which I think we can agree kinda sucks...

Thanks in advance for any help!

I generally search the forum through google with "site:legacygt.com 6mt swap" or similar and had good results.

But it looks like google has updated its search algorithm and parsing and it really doesn't like the current forum software.

If I click on the omitted results, I can see more than a single entry; but it looks like google changed the rules about how it categorizes results and the forum is being parsed as a single result with a ton of "duplication".

i use the search built in to the forum . it can be cumbersome to find the right terms at times but usually get the right thing after a bit

categories are mostly good.

be aware that slot of older posts have been archived due to server performance optimization. you can use forum search on those tho

Thanks all around.

I should have been more clear, and not put what I was talking about in the 'Title' space, where it comes our tiny and camoflaged by it's own colour.

In short, I have always historically had *much* more success finding what I was after using the "dynamic damper site:legacygt.com" method.

So, if this is a result of Google having changed something, and how their search parses results from the site, I guess I'm just kinda screwed there, although as mentioned, revealing the 'hidden' results does also seem to help. In my results however, there is also no blurb, just a series of identicle results with maybe different dates, if I am lucky.

I'll see if there is any way around some of this. Are there any search engines left that don't just use google algorithims?

I know the internal search function does work, but it always seems to take me 5x as long to find what I'm looking for. (I am aware however, that once found I usually save rather a lot of time doing the job I am working at, and not breaking stuff, so the tradeoff is probably still worth it.) Just too spoiled by the rapid and well sorted results I was used to getting with site searching.

I know the point was brought up years ago, but is there still any interest in moving to a more modern forum design? One that might be friendier with modern software and searching?

Yeah,I also used Bing? It felt....strange.

However it seemed to do a decent job.

Duckduckgo was also pretty good, if you want to search and try to keep your Subaru problem a secret from the man.