LegacyGT.com

Current tuning solutions

relative4

I've been out of the Subie world for a few years, and I just picked up an '05 OBXT. I want to put on an OTS tune. What are the current products available for that? Is everyone still using Cobb AccessPorts? I really don't want to spend $700 for this, and in the BMW world, it's just an Android app, much much cheaper.

I looked at the stickies, but given they're over a decade old and have hundreds of posts, it's kinda hopeless using them to figure out the current state of things.

• I Donated Too

Well isn't this the best day to come and ask about this one...

Cobb just got f'd by the EPA and that party is over. Open source and put your faith in a map you can get your hands on unless you just want Stage 1 tunes from Cobb. Lots of Stage 1 tunes available...

Yeah…was going to ask the obvious: I’ve got an AP3, I’m basically stuck with it now, right? Don’t update it? Really I just want to do the EGT dtc delete and a stage 1 tune. Seems like if I update it no more deletes…

You’ll have more luck now on romraider. I’m sure its blowing up..

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo

Yeah…was going to ask the obvious: I’ve got an AP3, I’m basically stuck with it now, right? Don’t update it? Really I just want to do the EGT dtc delete and a stage 1 tune. Seems like if I update it no more deletes…

The EGT DTC delete is unnecessary, the resistor mod takes 2 minutes and works great. And of course stage 1 is still available.

• 1 month later...

I did the resistor trick for putting a catless STI up-pipe on. Been working fine and I passed smog last year.