LegacyGT.com

DAM drop after FMIC

So over the winter I installed a FMIC. Reading mixed reviews of whether I actually need a new tune or a new tune would just give me more power. Anyway. Took it out for the first time today and all guage readings were good. No abnormal fuel correction or af learning. I did not get any FKL and feedback went to 1.4 but it does that every once and while and I never really think too much of it. Anyway, my DAM dropped to .750. I’m leaning more towards bad gas since the car has been sitting for 4+ months. Anyone have any input? If the general consensus is the tune I am going to get a new turbo as well. What do you guys think? Oh. Before anyone says a leak. I smoke tested and pressure tested everything when I was done so I know nothing is leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ares3985

You need a tune. I'm not mechanically inclined but pretty much everything I've found regarding going FMIC says it's needed because you changed airflow. You can get a tune now for it and revision for turbo.

Yeah I’m going to call tomorrow. The only reason I second guessed it is because a lot of threads on here say you don’t. Maybe they can revise my current tune for a cheaper price. Doubt it tho lol

Yeah I’m going to call tomorrow. The only reason I second guessed it is because a lot of threads on here say you don’t. Maybe they can revise my current tune for a cheaper price. Doubt it tho lol

You never know! I My brother's tuner charges him less for revisions but it's the same tuner he's had since his first mod.

Reputable shops to bring your Subie (thread)

If your end goal is to get a new/different turbo I would uninstall the FMIC and wait until you have both ready to go then get a new tune for the FMIC w/ new turbo.

That declining DAM isnt going to fix itself until remove the FMIC is removed or you buy a revision/tune.

If your end goal is to get a new/different turbo I would uninstall the FMIC and wait until you have both ready to go then get a new tune for the FMIC w/ new turbo.

That declining DAM isnt going to fix itself until remove the FMIC is removed or you buy a revision/tune.

Well screwed now. Now that cobb changed the tuning software. It’s either wait and see if the dam corrects or sell the front mount.