LegacyGT.com

Just bought a new legacy at the auction...

Threw up a bid on the Japanese auctions and won this car for quite a bit less than I was expecting

- legacy (obviously)

- manual

- spec b

- ... wagon

- 3.0 H6 boxer

pic_1.jpg

pic_2.jpg

pic_3.jpg

should be showing up to Vancouver in may, gonna be using it in Sacramento for the next few months while i finish up my work term down here

still figuring out my plans for it - apparently, they sell a supercharge kit that brings it to 325 AWDHP. Does anybody have exp with these?

in any case, it'll be a fun car. i used to own a 2.0gt and that car was a blast, but i'm really curious to see how the 3.0 and 6sp change up the driving experience

What is the going auction rate as some of us would like to know?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

no clue what they would sell for in NA (I'm guesstimating I'll be able to get about 15k for it when I resell it), but in JP they tend to sell for about 10k, if you can find one go up for auction.

also than you everyone else, i'm super excited for it to arrive and to play with it

That's basically an ideal Legacy. Manual (with proper STI-derived box) and 6 cylinders without an annoying snail. Congrats!!!

Damn Canadians! First we get the stupid pointy and heavy bumpers because of their moronic 5 mph bumper laws (changed to 2.5 mph in 2008). Now, they have far more reasonable 15-year limit on importing foreign cars!! :spin:

Edited by unclemat

Damn what luck (and idea)! That’s brilliant! Mind me asking what import fees are? Wife’s H6 in the Tribeca can be fun, I’d love to try that with a 6 speed. Need to get my CDN citizenship stuff together and see about getting a TO address again…:spin: Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo

And being JDM - it has mini-disc player :)

And the slick non-Outback roof!! But allegedly that comes at the cost of not having curtain airbags :(

Damn what luck (and idea)! That’s brilliant! Mind me asking what import fees are? Wife’s H6 in the Tribeca can be fun, I’d love to try that with a 6 speed. Need to get my CDN citizenship stuff together and see about getting a TO address again…:spin:

depends on the broker, my guy's cost is about 3-4k, including fees, taxes etc. if you want to get his info i'd be happy to send it over, i love him

also you don't actually need citizenship to register a car in canada... at least not in alberta, i'd imagine Manitoba / sask would be similarly freedom loving

depends on the broker, my guy's cost is about 3-4k, including fees, taxes etc. if you want to get his info i'd be happy to send it over, i love him

also you don't actually need citizenship to register a car in canada... at least not in alberta, i'd imagine Manitoba / sask would be similarly freedom loving

Good point for Americans. You can register a car here without being a citizen. Lots of Americans have <25yo cars stored up here, waiting for them to become importable (GTRs etc.)

Also, we don't really have "titles" like in the USA, we have "ownership documents", of which either a bill of sale, or registration are the most common. The only real requirement to register a vehicle is to have insurance on it.

Good point for Americans. You can register a car here without being a citizen. Lots of Americans have <25yo cars stored up here, waiting for them to become importable (GTRs etc.)

Also, we don't really have "titles" like in the USA, we have "ownership documents", of which either a bill of sale, or registration are the most common. The only real requirement to register a vehicle is to have insurance on it.

Yeah its crazy to me how it works. You roll up to the DMV with a piece of paper printed online with the vin number, name and DL# of the previous owner (the address doesn't have to be accurate, and the signature you can also just guess), then give them an american license, a valid mailing address (though I think it could also be invalid and they wouldn't care), a pink slip, and you're done. They hand you the plate and registration card on the spot.

My first car I registered on a Maryland license. They didn't care. Hopefully they never do :lol: