LegacyGT.com

Turbo inlet install help!

I have a Cobb turbo inlet and I've got it all installed except for the crank case breather.

Cobb's instructions say:

Pry open the factory clamps and remove the blow-by sensor from the factory line. This can then be re-installed in the supplied vacuum line.

How is this supposed to be re-installed?

The factory location had a plastic piece that connected directly to the factory inlet. Not sure how to connect it now.

This is the part that I need help with. The hard line on the bottom is going to the crank case (I think) but the top piece is what used to be connected to the stock turbo inlet pipe (mechanic cut it if off of the stock inlet pipe). This is obviously incorrect. If I remove the hard line, how is this supposed to be connected? Does the front port of the Cobb inlet pipe connect to where the hard line is currently hooked up? Then what plugs into the part where my cut off black elbow goes?

27512da5904eb4b85ab333355eb2947d.jpg

Edited by Mr. Electric Wizard

Basically, from Cobb's instructions, it seems that the hard line that was disconnected is just going to be left there unattached, and the nipple on the sensor is going to be connected to the vacuum hose that goes up to the front port of the new inlet pipe.

So the hose connected to the sensor in this top pic would just be left there dangling.

This doesn't seem right. But what do I know.

blow-by-sensor.thumb.JPG.db50bcc7ed6002d52f2b2ddb75d1e0a1.JPG

It's been a while since I replaced my inlet pipe, but if I remember correctly: the vacuum hose was connected to the white sensor, which was directly connected to the OEM inlet.

When I went with an aftermarket, the white sensor was removed from the hose (open the clamp), left connected to the wiring, and just tucked away. The hose it was removed from was then connected to the turbo inlet to close the system.

Never mind...

I'm used to reading the WRX instructions, they have LGT ones.

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/895025725/724450+-+COBB+Silicone+Turbo+Inlet+Plastic+Manifold+Cars

Ah... Cobbs different from the others.

They moved the crankcase breather from the front of the turbo, up to the front by the air filter...

Looks like they give you a chunk of hose to extend it up under the intake to the front.

Edited by Infosecdad

Correct!

They do give you an extra bit of hose to hook it up.

But the question I have is, does that breather hose (connected to the inlet pipe port) connect to the nipple on the blow-by sensor?

If so, then how does the other side of it connect the the crank case hard line?

Correct!

They do give you an extra bit of hose to hook it up.

But the question I have is, does that breather hose (connected to the inlet pipe port) connect to the nipple on the blow-by sensor?

If so, then how does the other side of it connect the the crank case hard line?

Not sure what you are referring to by "crank case hard line".

The top of the PCV that used to have the short elbow hose with the white sensor gets extended to the front and connected to the inlet.

What I would probably do is remove the white sensor from the line and tuck it away connected to the harness.

Remove the rubber elbow line from the top of the PCV splitter that used to be connected to the white sensor.

Run the new line from the PCV straight to the front of the turbo inlet.

The directions don't make sense, because they don't seem to provide a way to actually reconnect the white sensor. Perrin and some others have adapters for it in the stock location, the Cobb WRX version does as well, but it looks like the LGT version doesn't. I would guess that someone updated the WRX version and made that comment without actually trying it on a Legacy GT.

Edited by Infosecdad

Okay I think i understand what you are saying.

Let me reiterate.

Connect the front port of the new Cobb inlet pipe to the supplied vacuum hose, then connect the other end directly to the PCV.

Then just don't even connect the white blow-by sensor to any vacuum lines and only connect the wiring harness up to it.

• 2 weeks later...

You mean the Cobb V2? I am actually thinking about switching mine out for the Perrin one. The Cobb is just so huge, it’s really cumbersome to deal with. I’m not actually sure that the one that I have is the V1 or the V2.

Here's another thread of mine with a photo:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cobb-turbo-inlet-w-stock-intakei-287699.html

I figured out what my issue is. Cobb used an 07 legacy that had a few things changed since 06. One being the bpv recirculation hose, it’s the same as the 08 wrx where it has additional bends. Cobb says you don’t have to change it but I call bullshit since mines different than their photos. The pcv system also mounts up different. The blow by sensor is mounted to the pcv housing where as my 06 is mounted to the inlet. Idk what Cobb was thinking with this inlet design. Should just say to delete that sensor entirely

Cobb got back to me on the regards of the PCV sensor. I sent them a picture of the sensor on the very front nipple of the inlet. They said this is correct. I however don't think the wire for said sensor is long enough to reach so I will just delete the sensor and run a line from the pcv to the inlet.