LegacyGT.com

set date on the NAV?

Losing my mind here. Car thinks it's August 2002. Clearly it doesn't pull the date from the sats (???), but it pulls time. Have tried all the menus it seems, I swear I did this before eons ago, but maybe that was in the menus for setting calendar reminders or something. What am I missing

How do I set the date in the 2006 NAV (Kenwood) OEM system?:confused:

Have you asked "how to" on google ?

In my 2009 Spec B that info is pretty easy to find on the NAV system. I set the clock to daylight savings time at a stop light the other day.

I would think the date would be on that menu...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've been looking thru the '06 manuals, and can't find anything on how to change the date....

I've attached 2 images from the "monitor system" manual. My guess is to hit the right-most button under the screen (button 5 in the first image), then press "calendar" on the screen, followed by "setup" as shown in the second image. I don't see anything in the manual where it shows what options there are when you click "setup" but I don't really see where else it might be.

image1.thumb.jpg.6ca0f21e99121c3ef686334937b7c776.jpg

image2.thumb.jpg.6322a6247cca6fb09b244e1ef30908a7.jpg

Edited by csaari

• 2 weeks later...

I finally figured it out. But there are clearly bugs in the software. Or mine is losing it's mind, along with me IRL.

Bug #1: 9 times out of 10, cannot get the Calendar-> Setup button to even appear. The only way I've figured it out, it has to be the first thing you do on a clean startup (turn of the key). Otherwise, the Calendar button just comes up empty other than the 'List' button.

Bug #2: Once you do get into Calendar->Setup, there are two sub-menus. One for Time and one for Date. Both have a Next button, and a Back button. The Time menu has a Reset button, but that just makes the minutes digits go to 00. You cannot actually 'save' the entries. You can press the Next button infinitely and it just cycles between Time and Date. If you press the Back button, mine will reset to 8/15/2002 every time, either instantly or after a short while by itself. Likewise, if you press a hard button on the NAV (menu, map, etc) it will also go back to 8/15/2002.

The only way I think I got it to stick was to get the date set, and turn off the key. However, I kind of expect it will reset itself when it gets driven...

... next step if that happens will be a Reset Defaults, but I wanted to try to keep the nifty little maintenance reminders in there for now if I could.