LegacyGT.com

California emissions?

I don't think any of our cars had different localised emissions tuning and parts in the states. If your car was purchased in California then it was the same one as a Legacy GT in Florida, just shipped to a different deal.

If your car is modified in any way that might not pass California emissions, however, then that sticker means nothing.

I live in CA but my leggy originated in Canada. It passes CA emissions however if you've ever had cat work done in another state/country then your diagnostic check can show up as "Tampered" meaning simply, "not stock".

If you ever run into this issue while trying to pass smog, simply provide the EO number for the cat that was installed (all CA Carb Compliant Cats have an EO#). If you're like me and have no idea what the EO# for your cat is, then you can just provide a random EO#. I used EO# D-193-102 from the magna flow website and that was enough to pass smog.

I think a lot of cats meet the state requirement in terms of the emission standard, but are not certified CA carb compliant because its an expensive process, so many parts manufactures would rather just focus on the new models and products that work in the rest of the country.

So, as long as your emissions are in line, you can do pass smog with this work around.

All Leggys are the same built except for cars that were sent to heavy emissions states at the time. And the only difference is the warranty on the emissions control systems is increased. Those states are generally northeast states and California.

I love not having emissions inspections anymore.