LegacyGT.com

Email notifications?

Yeah now that you mention it, it doesn't seem to be completely gone, but something is still off. My old post count was like 3-4k and dropped to 600 after the archive forum vanished, and after the migration is still sitting at 600, but if I go into my made-posts and topics, I can find my very first post I ever made on the forum. So maybe everything is in fact there and its still just populating/calculating/tallying some of the post counts or something. That's better than I initially thought. 

Although something odd: I don't seem to be able to edit any of my posts. I have some on-going edit threads (body kit compendium, my own build thread) and I don't seem to have the ability to edit those posts anymore, the only option in the 3-dots is "Share". Also, I just tried to edit my comment immediately above this, and the "Edit" option appeared, but when I clicked it it went to a "sorry we can't find this thread" page, and now the option is gone and it only shows Share, Hide, and Delete. 🤨

I would bet the pre-transition posts are “read only” and you can edit post-translation posts. 

Honestly, I’m really impressed with how much came over and actually works. Switching between forum software and their unique structures isn’t easy. 

There is a huge post-processing backlog of tasks still running and I’d wager it’s at least another week for the system to chew through everything. Attachments from the old site are also still waiting for cpu time to get working as well. At this point I have to wait for all the little bars to finish before I can see what issues there actually are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Tide said:

There is a huge post-processing backlog of tasks still running and I’d wager it’s at least another week for the system to chew through everything. Attachments from the old site are also still waiting for cpu time to get working as well. At this point I have to wait for all the little bars to finish before I can see what issues there actually are.

Thanks Tide for doing all of this work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to congratulate everyone involved with getting this site improved. I had registered  years ago but had never received an email notification for any threads I tried to follow including ones I started. Today after logging in here after about a month since my last visit  I find the new site, and for the first time ever, maybe 5 years or more, email notifications came in. Quite exciting. 

• 3 months later...