LegacyGT.com

Email notifications?

Unfortunately the site is about 10GB of text alone and that's part of the problem. Don't need 15 year old threads of someone selling some struts. Even just purging that down to like 2GB will make a huge difference.

Sure, remove old sale threads and classified. But as it stands now, you nuked ALL of the Gen-specific archive sections, which is like the majority of useful information and just history in general on this site. Seriously hope you have all those forums backed up. Hell, my post count dropped from 3-4K to 600. All my early posts and progress on my build and a lot of stuff I didn’t document anywhere else is just gone. If it was an accident, it was extremely careless. If it was intentional, I wouldn’t hesitate to call it completely negligent if not downright malicious, not to mention wholly detrimental to the Legacy’s longevity as a model into the future (which seems like the absolute antithesis of this forum’s purpose if you ask me).

Also honestly, the forum has NEVER been slow in my experience, so although I obviously don’t see the server/admin side, this whole exercise seems entirely pointless to me. Even pages with 20 pictures in every post on the page load in like 10 seconds or less.

Also ffs, put Thanks back. It was one of the only things that made this forum still feel alive and honestly in many cases was the only indication that something you’ve posted has even been read by anyone else. It’s a lot more than just “like culture” and validation. It’s genuinely useful to communication and feedback.

Wait, I thought it was just supposed to be old classifieds that were cleared out (which I still use for info, but isn't the end of the world). But the archives are invaluable, there is so much knowledge there that I use on a regular basis (and others as well). This is one of the last critical knowledge bases for Legacys, we need to preserve it.

Wait, I thought it was just supposed to be old classifieds that were cleared out (which I still use for info, but isn't the end of the world). But the archives are invaluable, there is so much knowledge there that I use on a regular basis (and others as well). This is one of the last critical knowledge bases for Legacys, we need to preserve it.

For real. Non-classified posts should have not been deleted.

If space was the problem - I am sure someone would have volunteered hosting space for the archived threads.

Nope. The ENTIRE Archive section is just gone.

I believe Tide is taking monthly donations again if you want to foot the bill for storing archive data on a 10-15 year old Subaru. :iam:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• I Donated
PM sent.

Last notification I received was on May 20. :eek:

Still no notifications since May 20 and no reply from Tide.

Wondering how long this site will even still be functioning at this point. :iam:

• I Donated
One time? Doesn't count. Did you pay your property taxes once? Income taxes once? This is the Speak N Spell annual tax.
Bold of you to assume it's not still running on the original Speak N Spell from 2004 :iam:

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I had more time to go in and prune stuff much more surgically, but we did not at the time. In February Google made changes to search and we were penalized very heavily. I've been working since May, moving to correct as much as I could as fast as I could. We've gone from 4,500 referrals in day from Google search in January to 400 in April, and likely down to 200 per day by the end of the month. The only real choice I saw to save any community here was to rebuild it all and cut losses. Anyways, my apologies if things didn't make it over that should have.

• Thanks 2

I'm not sure that's what happened.

I can see posts from 2005 in the 4th Gen forum, you just can't search yet as the indexing is still going.

It seems that the archived posts may have been ported over, but I'm just going off how far back in time I can go.

There are 500k posts in the 4th Gen forum, so I would like to think they are mostly all there...
image.thumb.png.8f7755a907abedd7f50704f4af3c8575.png