LegacyGT.com

Email notifications?

Things like the "Thanks" button were also part of the reason the site slowed down so much, all these things were third party hacks.

I guess that answers my the other issue I thought I was having.

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

. Overall this site is about 1/10th of the traffic it was 5 years ago.

That's a little sad to be honest, but what can you expect. There's no true legacy gt anymore IMO, so it's not helping.

I remember when I joined, it was pretty busy.

Thanks Tide for keeping this thing alive.

Then we'll have plenty of new problems.

SC

Modern IP board forums are so much nicer to use than this old place, I won't miss it. The LinusTechTips forum is an old favorite of mine and the notification system and search system are so much better on their own that I'll take any problems that come along the way.

• I Donated
That's a little sad to be honest, but what can you expect. There's no true legacy gt anymore IMO, so it's not helping.

I remember when I joined, it was pretty busy.

Thanks Tide for keeping this thing alive.

Facebook has been doing way more to kill forums than Subaru's piss-poor product lineup. Everyone uses Facebook groups for the stuff that forums used to be the only option for.

Facebook has been doing way more to kill forums than Subaru's piss-poor product lineup. Everyone uses Facebook groups for the stuff that forums used to be the only option for.

******* Facebook!!! :spin: Hate that useless, time wasting piece of crap, full of frustrated menopausal bitches.

Participating in FB groups is like pissing words in the wind. You never can find anything there, even if you saw it a moment ago and know what to look for. It's such ******* waste of time. I refuse to participate in that shit.

This ******* evil company hopefully will go under sooner or later. That flip-flop hoody wearing moron fucked when he came up with the metaverse nonsense. Good riddance you ******* dickhead.

******* Facebook!!! :spin: Hate that useless, time wasting piece of crap, full of frustrated menopausal bitches.

Participating in FB groups is like pissing words in the wind. You never can find anything there, even if you saw it a moment ago and know what to look for. It's such ******* waste of time. I refuse to participate in that shit.

This ******* evil company hopefully will go under sooner or later. That flip-flop hoody wearing moron fucked when he came up with the metaverse nonsense. Good riddance you ******* dickhead.

Uncle needs a hug....:lol:

FWIW though, the legacy gt group on facebook is a 100% shit show.

Was one of the advantages of having a super slow site that the spammers would give up? Seeing a large glut of new spam posts in the last few days.

That said, the site is moving a good bit faster since the cleanup, thanks!

People have facebook still?

To be 100% clear though, I'm not nearly as desperate to feel loved that I need email notifications. That's just creepy. I just need validation that I posted to an internet site for years about cars that I don't have anymore.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

To be 100% clear though, I'm not nearly as desperate to feel loved that I need email notifications. That's just creepy. I just need validation that I posted to an internet site for years about cars that I don't have anymore.

I just tried to thank this post.

All photos should be converted into MS Paint to save space. Especially since most pictures are of 10+ year old cars now. [emoji23]
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• I Donated
I just want them so I don't forget this forum exists for weeks on end.

Although, come to think of it, that probably wouldn't be a bad thing :hide:

Are these fast to load vs. this 'old school' forum?

IP Board is very fast. Even if the site isn't to your taste, just make an account on linustechtips.com and navigate around for a good example of a well-fleshed out IP board design. Collated notifications, status updates on a personal page, way better personal page customization, better organization of threads with new posts given a front page sidebar, moderating staff as a sidebar on the main page, better sharing integration with other sites, better private messages, reactions to posts without hacky third-party integration as mentioned before, better picture uploading, etc, etc etc.

• I Donated
I can look into emails, if that seems to be an issue, but I'm receiving them fine in both test accounts and admin accounts. Feel free to PM me details.
PM sent.

Last notification I received was on May 20. :eek: