LegacyGT.com

Unicorn?

Haze

Picked up this manual trans '07 LGT wagon today. I've read in multiple places that most manual wagons are '05s and a few '06s were sold in Canada but all the '07s were autos. The door sticker has transmission code TY757VWDAA so it's an original 3 pedal car. Anybody else seen another?

This car looks like it was a nicely done stage 2 build at some point but it needs some love now. It's burning a crazy amount of oil, could use some cosmetic help and a couple modifications need to be reversed. Hopefully I can sort it out.

20220225_145509.thumb.jpg.a67a50724f2e357fd9e0171ec9a9a58a.jpg

When I saw this car for sale, I looked up the 2007 sales brochures. The Canadian one lists the manual as standard equipment across the board while the US brochure states the GT wagons got the 5EAT as standard equipment. I looked up the '08 Canadian brochure now as well and it also shows the GT wagon with 5 speed manual as standard equipment.

I had never seen a 3 pedal GT wagon newer than '06 before this one. Good to know there's some out there.

I'd like to have a transcript from the meeting where the decision was made to remove the option from US market LGT wagons but keep it on the Canadian cars as well as the turbo Outbacks and sedans despite them being mechanically identical and built in the same plant. Makes no sense to me.

In Canada we even had options for manual 2015-2017 outbacks

Base engine only after '09 though.

Another manual '07 GT wagon just popped up for sale near me so I guess "unicorn" isn't the right term.

That DGM one has some bad rust looks like, and a high price for the kms. I'd love an 07 to 08 manual but they all have a sunroof and that doesn't work for me. My 07 is a 5eat and I still struggle to drive it with the head room, without needing to clutch and shift.

That DGM one has some bad rust looks like, and a high price for the kms. I'd love an 07 to 08 manual but they all have a sunroof and that doesn't work for me. My 07 is a 5eat and I still struggle to drive it with the head room, without needing to clutch and shift.

I thought that car was wildly overpriced as well. Wasn't suggesting anyone snatch it up, just noting it's existence.

You must be huge. I'm a bit over 6'5" and fit fine, even with the sunroof.

I thought that car was wildly overpriced as well. Wasn't suggesting anyone snatch it up, just noting it's existence.

You must be huge. I'm a bit over 6'5" and fit fine, even with the sunroof.

I'm 6'2" with a 30" inseam and short arms so I need the seat pretty far forward and upright to reach the pedals and fifth gear. I've got about 1/2" of head room in my 2005 without sunroof and in the 2007 with sunroof I need to lean the seat so far back I can barely reach the steering wheel. The closer to the wheel, the less head room there is which is the big problem. If my arms and legs were 2" longer I'd probably have no issue.

• 6 months later...

I'm built exactly like that!  It's nice cause I can fit in most seating positions, but there are times where I get in someones car and feel like I'm 6 years old.  can't reach the pedals or the wheel, "HOW DO YOU DRIVE LIKE THIS??"