LegacyGT.com

max tire width

What are the dimensions of the stock wheel, mainly the offset? You would have to get under the car and see what wiggle room you have and where. A good tire shop with a wheel selection could likely help out. TireRack or Custom Offset are good sites but not sure how much they will help in the way of bigger/wider.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Check out the gallery at fitment industries. You can search for 2020-22 legacies and see how aftermarket fitments look in great detail provided anyone has posted theirs up yet. Willtheyfit.com is another great resource. Remember you need to take into account any future plans to lower the car, as well as understand more width means more weight and you'll be slower, and brake less efficiently. Looking for as wide as possible might not be your best avenue depending on your goals.

I've ordered a new 2022 legacy Touring XT and I wanted to go as wide as I can and I knew I had to compensate by dropping as much wieght as I could in the process. from what I can tell that max is 18x9.5 according to fitment industries and the widest 18 I've found for the RE-71R IS 265/45R18 which gives it a diameter of 27.4 which is only .5 over stock

• 1 month later...
so im thinking of ordering a set of, Volk Racing CE28SL 18x9.5 5x114.3 +45mm Pressed Graphite, which are only 15.6 lbs. that should drop a good amount of unsprung weight. even if I go with a set of 275/40R18. I'm hoping this'll be a good grippy set up. any thoughts? should I stick on the 245/45R18 Potenza RE-71R instead for I small stretched look since I already have them? Edited by blusubado

stock tire 225/50/18

stock tire height 26.9"

stock wheel 18x7.5 +45mm

re-71rs tire goes all the way to 295/35r18

fitment industries suggests you can put 18x9 +25 and keep same inner clearance as stock. It'll be 1.5" farther out than stock. Probably a near flush fit.

tire height is going to be a problem tho. 27" diameter is a bit tall. Is there a reason for not using 19" wheels. You could get 285 and still keep stock height.

Re-71rs seems a bit extreme without making any other suspension changes. Tire wear of 200 translates into days or weeks vs months. ymmv

so im thinking of ordering a set of, Volk Racing CE28SL 18x9.5 5x114.3 +45mm Pressed Graphite, which are only 15.6 lbs. that should drop a good amount of unsprung weight. even if I go with a set of 275/40R18. I'm hoping this'll be a good grippy set up. any thoughts? should I stick on the 245/45R18 Potenza RE-71R instead for I small stretched look since I already have them?

extra wide tires aren't going to add more grip without modifying suspension to support them. Putting 225 re-71 on your stock rims would be way more sticky than your normal tires.

extra wide tires aren't going to add more grip without modifying suspension to support them. Putting 225 re-71 on your stock rims would be way more sticky than your normal tires.

The RE-71R are 245/45...and anything has to be more grippy then the 225/50 advan gt that the car comes with. those things straight suck for cornering hard. too much squish in those.

The RE-71R are 245/45...and anything has to be more grippy then the 225/50 advan gt that the car comes with. those things straight suck for cornering hard. too much squish in those.

a 50 series tire & a 45 series tire aren't much different in squish. Going full race doesn't improve squish unless you reduce difference between section width & rim width (that's where the squish comes from).

if you go to a shorter tire and smaller section (series) tire, you'll have better acceleration and more perceived grip. If you are over-steering the car (under steering) no amount of tire is going to help you. Slow down for the corner then speed up when more than halfway through...handling will be much better.