LegacyGT.com

Real World Results from Piston-Type Diverter Valve?

Read around and lots of people have listed piston-type diverter/BOV/ valves, most of which seem to be part of an overall build package. (GFB, Turbosmart, etc...)

I can't seem to find much real feedback on whether they do as advertised or not tho.

Since I think I've got a 6MT on the way, and already have a JMP Custom VF40 and assorted support with that, I know I will be pushing a little more boost through everything, and also presumably shifting a bit (lot?) more often.

I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with the OEM unit, but mine is 17 years old, and this is a reasonably inexpensive thing to switch out. Not under the impression I am going to make more power with this, just potentially not bleed off as much boost during shifts etc...

Does anyone who actally has one feel like the valve made a difference in keeping boost up during shifts, and made transitions smoother, as is claimed by the manufacturers? GFB says 30% faster and following their logic, it does make sense.

FWIW - I am only considering 100% recirc version of any of these style DVs. Not interested in the skank whistle.

Cheers