LegacyGT.com

6Mt Swap Misc Parts?

Posted up in the Technical forum, but I think it is less trafficked, so I figured I would ask here as well.

Long story short, a 114k km 6MT came up for sale not so far from me. Don't know why the guy is breaking up a running Spec B, but not my problem....

I've spent the last hour going through the "Master Thread" for the swap, and think I'll have my bases covered, but want to double check before proceeding.

Since the car is intact aside from the engine having been sold, anything I may need is still there and available.

I believe all I will need is the following:

- trans

- front axles

- propshaft

- rear diff

- rear axles

- shifter assy

- shifter boot

- trans crossmember (should be the same? but why not grab it?)

- fasteners for bellhousing/trans crossmember would be nice, if they are there...

My understanding from reading so far is that electronics are the same (no DCCD), so it is just the mechanical bits that get changed out.

So far it appears he is willing to sell everything I need for the swap for a fixed price, and I just don't want to forget something I'll need later. I assume the flywheel is already gone with the engine, so aside from that, and if clutch looks okay, that would be all I need on top of the list? (Master and slave cylinders are the same type?)

Hope posting in two places isn't a no-no... Probably should have come here first.

Thanks very much in advance!

Small parts: (needed for either recipe)

Please confirm these part numbers for your particular transmission.

Most of these are just what I used for my 05 STI 6MT swap; later years may have differences.

Keep your 5MT neutral sensor switch, put it in the 6MT.

6MT shift linkage (Preferably Spec B; the Impreza shift linkage is shorter) (Is this still true for 08+ Impreza?)

6MT clutch fork - 30530AA050

6MT clutch release shaft - 30532AA020

6MT clutch slave cylinder - 30620AA172 - alternate:30620AA173

6MT clutch hose

6MT throw-out bearing

6MT rear transmission mount (same part for Spec B and Impreza)

Reverse lockout cable - 35060AG010

Downpipe support bracket - 44021FE030

R180 diff mount from the spec B - 41310AG040 (not strictly necessary, but click here for some info)

Clutch fork shaft plug (threaded cap that holds the fork shaft in) - 30550AA000 for 04-07, and 11021AA010 for 08+

Output Shaft Oil Seal (oil seal for the driveshaft interface) - 806735210 - $11.50

Clutch fork spring (spring that connects clutch fork to bell housing) - 30546AA060 - $5.20

Inner shift boot (foam/rubber, mostly for noise insulation, you can reuse the 5MT if you trim it)

If you get a DCCD diff, you'll need an aftermarket DCCD controller.

Thanks to Hammerdown and NSFW....

I'm assuming that given the age of the of "Master thread" this had been proven and is complete. I guess by the time I'd read 170 pages of the thread, I'd overlooked the basics. Sorry for the dead end question. I suppose if anyone else overlooks the obvious, this will be a reminder to look again.