LegacyGT.com

Things I don't like about my BP5

I'm writing this thread, not really to rant (though it is a semi-rant), but to maybe help give future-BP5 buyers some insight on some of the cons of living with a BP5

First, I have a 2008 2.0GT Spec-B 5EAT (Japan)

Sunroof, cc, full package.

It's a very fun car to drive. I can't complain about that! But here are some of the things that I failed to consider when I purchased this car.

(In no particular order)

1- The inside of the doors are a bad design for me. The window control/door handle design makes it impossible to just rest your arm on the door while driving and be able to easily use the window controls

2- Frameless window (1st time owning a frameless window) - loud road noise and having to tell every passenger to not close the door by the window is a pain.

3- Absolutely no usable cargo space in the driver seat - the doors have no upper pocket. The pockets on the bottom of the door are really slim. I can't even fit a case with shades. The center console has the cup holders, but that's it. The little tiny pocket behind the shifter is unusable.

So my wallet, key fob, and phone are usually in my pocket because there is no place to place them in the front. Yes, there's the space inside the center console with the lid, but not easily accessible.

There are a lot more things I don't like about this car, but these are my top three.

Honorable Mention - Window speed

It's livable, but the window speed in this car is the slowest I've seen in any car.

What about you guys? What are some things that you find hard to live with with this car?

My major annoyance with the BP chassis is the door cards too. it's a call back to the older legacy's, but ugh... it's bad.

i like frameless windows, especially in the summer. shame your passengers every time they shut the door by the window, stops it real fast.

The stock stereo is trash, absolute trash, my 05 Prius blows it away and it has push to start and keyless unlock extera.

My Prius is in every was more luxurious, better seats, better radio, hid lights, smart key, ac works better,

For a try at a luxury sports sedan Subarus fit and finish is dismal compared to the same year Prius.

Where the legacy really shines is WRX speed and fun without looking like a F*ck boy.

Basically it's whole attraction for me

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I love most things about my car apart from the fuel economy and the insane dash rattle that I have tried to fix with hours and hours of time and lots of Dynamat and never solved. Cold weather makes it atrocious and warm weather is usually manageable, but it's at its worst when it's warm, sitting in the sun all day, and then I go for a drive at night when it's cooled down and it just will. Not. Stop. Rattling. The best thing I can do is pull the entire dash towards me as hard as I can grip onto the top of the gauge cluster. Sometimes that fixes it.

If you think your car has issues now, wait until it has over 300,000 miles on it and stiffer mounts/bushings.

My wagon is fun to drive, but on the long 150-mile ride to VT, it's a bit tiring.

You have a Spec B, if you don't like it, I'm sure it will be easy to sell.

Remember, your car was designed about 15 years ago or more, design's have changed over the years.

They don't make cars like these anymore, good bang for the buck.

My wagon still puts a smile on my face when I push my right foot down.

I keep my Spec B for weekends and when the wagon is being fixed.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you think your car has issues now, wait until it has over 300,000 miles on it and stiffer mounts/bushings.

My wagon is fun to drive, but on the long 150-mile ride to VT, it's a bit tiring.

You have a Spec B, if you don't like it, I'm sure it will be easy to sell.

Remember, your car was designed about 15 years ago or more, design's have changed over the years.

They don't make cars like these anymore, good bang for the buck.

My wagon still puts a smile on my face when I push my right foot down.

I keep my Spec B for weekends and when the wagon is being fixed.

Ya smile on face why I bought mine and like it, I have had all kids of cars more comfortable extera

The legacy's are so great because they are quicker than they should be and look

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I love the fact that everybody loves my car when I pull up to a gas station. I alos love that no one in my city or area has a LGT like mine. I have yet to see any 06 Legacy GT or a Big body GT. I also like the fact that people try to flex their new honda accords/ camary sports on my and I crush them. The look on their faces when they get killed in their 45k car.

It has old car issues, yes cause it's old but thats why it's not my daily driver. If I wanted a daily I would have a bone stock SpecB, but really a N/A Legacy :lol:.