LegacyGT.com

Hoses to replace during knock sensor replacement

Hey gang, loooong time since I've been active here, but I know where to go when I do have a question ;)

I'm replacing my knock sensor soon, and I'm attempting to do it without removing my throttle body. I would like to replace hoses which are under the IC down in that area since I'm in there. Does anyone have a list of the hoses in there that I should replace?

a7c2a89a82b838a8fcffe524523050b3.png

I'm thinking #29, maybe #21 and #22? Any other tips or tricks I should know about this job? I've got long needle nose pliers, bunch of extensions and wobbles, magnetic wands etc and I'm mechanically inclined with the vocabulary of a sailor.

Only the intercooler needs to be removed to gain access to the knock sensor, so unless you see any of the hoses in there leaking, I would leave them alone.

knock sensor torque is 24nm, be sure to clock it the same direction as the one you remove.

I replaced all my vacuum lines. It’s a project. Some easily cracked during removal. Also zip tie them in place.

I found this image to be helpful when I installed my EBCS. At least to figure out where they are. eda013250e5737339ef05dd0002627cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can the PCV assembly be replaced with the IC off? I just checked and mine is 110k miles old :-/

Yes, it's a bit tight, but doable; I've done it a couple times.

I would get the whole PCV assembly of hoses as they are heading toward porcelain status...