LegacyGT.com

Security Indicator Light Always On

After a short drive to the store today, my 2017 Legacy would not start. Every warning light on the dash lit up but the starter wouldn't even engage. Got some warnings displayed on the dash, too, like "AT OIL TEMP" and "VEHICLE DYNAMICS". The battery is strong and I'm thinking it was an immobilizer/remote starter glitch. After trying several times, I spent a few minutes trying to think of what I was missing. Then without doing anything different, the car started perfectly.

But I did notice now that with the engine running the Security Indicator light is constantly on but at very low intensity; maybe 10%. Not flashing, but constant low intensity. Is this normal? I've only owned the car for 4 years, you know, so maybe I never noticed it was always on. I can't find anything in the owner's manual.

So no replies in almost 24 hours but I went out and took a couple of photos of the security indicator light. One is taken with just ambient light. The security indicator icon is clearly visible, when no other warning lights are visible.

The second shot was taken with the instrument lighting on and the engine running. The security indicator icon is still visible but not bright, like the much brighter seatbelt light, which I activated by taking off my seatbelt.

When I first unlock the car and get in, the security indicator light flashes as brightly as the seatbelt light but it goes off when I start the engine.

All I'd like to know is if this is normal. Can anyone confirm that their car also shows the security indicator icon when the engine is running? If it's normal then my starting problem was not necessarily a defective immobilizer.

SecurityLight1.thumb.jpg.510358f5ffdeac4eecc5b3eb7c240fab.jpg

SecurityLight2.thumb.jpg.3b9fb1c2313143a00e0a97f3e9b2b4c2.jpg