LegacyGT.com

Canadian 2008 Subaru Outback XT - any advuce?

Looking at getting a vehicle in Nova Scotia - interested in 'anything interesting' ideally a pickup V8 with huge power... but failing that I am familiar with Scoobies :lol: - I came across a 2008 Outback XT which may do the job... Any advice?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1599307511

Many thanks :spin:

Mick

Get a PPI and see if they will let you take a look under the car to look for rust issues. If they have service records look for the usual issues - brake line rust, banjo filters removed, timing belt service in the last 30,000 kms (filters should've been removed then), worn out suspension bushings. Check the turbo to see if it has been replaced. See if you can watch it build boost on a scan tool.

I don't know of any Subaru shops in NS but if there are, they should be able to pull much more data than a run of the mill mechanic to check how everything is running.

With what I know now, I probably wouldn't buy a turbo subaru without having it checked at a specialty shop if it doesn't have an access port or one of the android apps to pull learning view data.

The banjo filters are up top on that engine, they seem to stay cleaner with good oil and changes.

Have to agree with the car being on Cobb AP, the stage 1 tune is so much safer than stock.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There's a chance this is the same car that I saw for sale in Fort McMurray last spring. I realize these cars aren't super rare but Alberta car, grey, stick and the odometer reading all line up. If it is the same car, it has an EJ20X running on the stock ECU. What you think of that is up to you but it's something I would want to look into deeper before handing over the cash.

There's a chance this is the same car that I saw for sale in Fort McMurray last spring. I realize these cars aren't super rare but Alberta car, grey, stick and the odometer reading all line up. If it is the same car, it has an EJ20X running on the stock ECU. What you think of that is up to you but it's something I would want to look into deeper before handing over the cash.

Good spot if it is the same car. I only see one or two facelift outback xt manuals come up for same each year to year and a half so chances are it is the same car.