LegacyGT.com

2005 Subaru Legacy GT (Rochester NY)

Can someone please help me? I bought a 05 Legacy GT almost a year ago and for some reason I cannot pull any live data or codes off my OBD2 port. I even bought a cobb access port, and I still cannot pull anything. I had the Subaru dealer look at it and they could pull up data on the laptop and their cheap handheld tool. So, they thought maybe my ECM had been replaced at some point and the vin wasn't burned into it... So, they checked it for me, and it was. They told me they have no idea why it won't work. At this point I'm stumped too, my mechanic friends touch screen tool couldn't pull anything, my cheap tool and Bluetooth tool couldn't either and neither can the cobb access port I just bought. It won't even power on when I plug it in but does turn on if plugged into a laptop. If someone is near Rochester NY and can help or someone can help remotely that would be greatly appreciated. Please help....

I'd suggest you reach out to Dave at Cyrotuning, you can reach his info from the third post here,

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/finally-got-cryotuned-youi-194437.html

You may have a issue with your OBD2 port. I seem to recall a couple of people having to replace it in the past.

Maybe search google for replacing OBD2 port on a 2005 ...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'll assume you mean the two from the under the engine to chassis and or the ground bar by the brake booster and throttle body.

DSCN4706.thumb.JPG.0b0d36a19f8acbefe62b7cfb8d36d83e.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here