LegacyGT.com

1997 legacy crank no start.

Good day folks. I am asking for help in trying to solve a no start problem.

History: 1997 Legacy automatic, dual overhead cam, dual turbo JDM. Problem started with huge amounts of black smoke from the exhaust.

Things I have done: Took it to a garage for fault code reading, Results (Inconclusive) took the car to a garage for repair: Changed timing belt, and all the common while you are in there parts. to include new injectors and mass flow sensor. No help car would not even start afterwards. They have no idea whats wrong. Took car home, changed TPS, CPS, and crank shaft position sensors, fuel pump, fuel filter and cleaned MAFS. Car fired once and returned to crank no start. Folks any help would really be appreciated I am stuck, The car has the three essentials, air, fire and compression. although fuel pressure seem a little high and drains away from 45psi to 20 psi in about 5 minutes.

two and a half years later is an alright time to replace the timing belt before it fails (referencing one of your first posts about the car.)

Engines need air, fuel, and spark to run. 45psi of fuel is plenty to start the car. Is the air intake free of debris? Is the exhaust free of debris? Are you positive you're getting spark? What do the spark plugs look like? Will it start with the MAF unplugged?

why were new injectors installed? Is some shop just throwing parts at it to try and fix it or is someone actually attempting to diagnose it?

I would think the large amount of black smoke (unburnt fuel) would be the first system to look at. Could be injectors, faulty fuel pressure reg or even just the vacuum lines that operate it could be perished and leaking. Being that you are getting nothing, I'm leaking toward pressure reg, cause even if the injectors aren't spraying right, it's still TRY to start.